Premed 101 Forums

3 minutes ago, Ortho143 said:

I got a reply from UBC today that interview invitations may be sent until a day prior to the interview day. Did anyone receive invites this week? 

I’m thinking possibly a few tomorrow? Cause UWO acceptances went out so maybe?? I’m just being really hopeful lol

4 minutes ago, Stoothfairy said:

The time frame they're giving per question is insane. I don't know how you could come up with and then deliver a comprehensive response in that short of time. 

Yeah I remember they held an info session last June and gave a completely different set amount of time to prepare and talk. I been preparing for them like that but now this is gonna throw me off :wacko:

Previously, It was a lot longer I think. This year, maybe they made it short to accommodate only interview in 1 batch? Also, UBC Dentistry changed their policy so now interviewed candidate are assessed based on the whole application instead of just the interviews now, so maybe the interview isn't going to be that important anymore.

2 hours ago, JFEX said:

Previously, It was a lot longer I think. This year, maybe they made it short to accommodate only interview in 1 batch? Also, UBC Dentistry changed their policy so now interviewed candidate are assessed based on the whole application instead of just the interviews now, so maybe the interview isn't going to be that important anymore.

I could've sworn that policy was listed on their website last year too.

On 2/24/2024 at 3:12 PM, Cheerio99 said:

So did everyone find that MMI crazy!?

The 30s time to prep and 90s to answer is impossible to give a good answer 

I am fine with 90s, preferably if it was 2 minutes lol. However, the 30s for brain storming a past time experience and compose it into a concise story that both described the situation and deliver your point/growth/takeaway is very hard, especially for people who don't have stories prepared before-hand. I tried to give my feed back in the survey they provided, but apparently the survey won't go through if you put any comment so I gave up eventually.

5 hours ago, JFEX said:

I am fine with 90s, preferably if it was 2 minutes lol. However, the 30s for brain storming a past time experience and compose it into a concise story that both described the situation and deliver your point/growth/takeaway is very hard, especially for people who don't have stories prepared before-hand. I tried to give my feed back in the survey they provided, but apparently the survey won't go through if you put any comment so I gave up eventually.

yea bro it was tough. especially with all the follow up questions too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2024 at 2:16 PM, Coorstyer said:

Does anyone know around when in March decisions will released?

Any more news on this? It seems that U of T and the Schulich school of dentistry got their offers out this year in under 2 weeks. UBC has also had some relatively quick turnarounds in the past I think, but does anyone have any info? The waiting is eating me alive

1 hour ago, Boulders said:

Any more news on this? It seems that U of T and the Schulich school of dentistry got their offers out this year in under 2 weeks. UBC has also had some relatively quick turnarounds in the past I think, but does anyone have any info? The waiting is eating me alive

The waiting is killing me too. They used to say “by end of december” in the past and decisions came out on dec 15. So if I had to guess i’d say maybe this friday, if not hopefully next week!