Premed 101 Forums

Free application writing workshop

Hello premeds!

My name is Emily and I run the Instagram page @egmedprep. On Tuesday August 29th at 6:30PM EST I will be running a totally free workshop about how to write medical and dental school application essays. We will cover everything from how to make your essays stand out to proper essay format to tackling this year's BPEs. The workshop will also include examples of successful vs. unsuccessful essays. 

To sign up, send me a DM (or reach out on Instagram) and I will send you the Zoom link. Hope to see you there! 

-Emily 

Some more info about me: 

Emily Izsak Gershon has been honing her interview coaching skills through one-on-one prep sessions with prospective medical, dental, and other professional students over the last 9 years. She has also served as a community member interview panelist at medical schools in the past. Last cycle, she helped 51 students prepare for medical school interviews. 42 of those students were able to secure seats at highly competitive Canadian schools. 

Emily holds an MA in English and Creative Writing from the University of Toronto. She has been able to use her composition and communication skills and proximity to the medical field (her husband, Dr. Ariel Gershon, is currently a resident in Medical Genetics at the University of Toronto) to help students craft expert admission essays and interview responses.