Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2024 Cycle

4 minutes ago, Add said:

3.73 sub-gpa and 4th quartile casper and waitlisted at Western for OT. I have not seen anything from McMaster or Queens yet either.

I have similar stats and waitlisted at Western too, hopefully we are in the upper third…

Just now, AppliedtoOT said:

I have similar stats and waitlisted at Western too, hopefully we are in the upper third…

I emailed to find out because in previous years it seems like their positions were given. Fingers crossed! It is my top choice.

2 minutes ago, Add said:

I emailed to find out because in previous years it seems like their positions were given. Fingers crossed! It is my top choice.

I emailed as well. Did they respond to you? Western is my top choice too. I went here for my undergrad and am looking to settle down in the London area so I’m pretty devastated I wasn’t offered admission

applied: U of M, U of T, Queens, Western, McMaster, Dal

accepted: 

waitlisted: Dal, Western, McMaster 

rejected: u of m, u of t, queens 

sGPA: 3.79/4.0 

Casper: 2nd quartile 

PRAYINGGG to get off a waitlist!!

Applied + (PT or OT?): OT Queens, Western, McMasters
Accepted: None
Waitlisted: None
Rejected: All (never received McMasters kira interview, rejection from western at 6:33 am EST, rejection from Queens 9:17 am EST)
GPA: 3.7 c-gpa and 3.7 s-gpa
CASPer Quartile: 4th
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references

I thought my applications were good. I included my experiences volunteering with children with learning disabilities,  working in optometry clinic, personal experiences living with someone with a disability (dad is blind/low vision), and some research experience designing a health promotion program with my uni. One of my references was a prof, and the other was one of the doctors that I worked with at my clinic. I also made sure to include that I had met with a few OTs (shadowing) to understand the profession in both my queens and western application. If anyone has any tips on what I should improve on for applying next year let me know (i think I will look into direct OT volunteer experience). As my GPA isn't the highest, i believe that may have been a limiting factor too!

4 minutes ago, PlsTakeMeOT said:

got an email just now from mac that i’m waitlisted (9:44am)

Did you get your spot in the wait list? I just got wait listed for both Mac PT and OT but didn’t receive my wait list position.

13 minutes ago, Cryok said:

Did you get your spot in the wait list? I just got wait listed for both Mac PT and OT but didn’t receive my wait list position.

no :( the email didn’t mention anything abt where i am on the waitlist unfortunately.. 

Applied: McMaster, Western, U of T, Queens (all PT)

Accepted: U of T, Queens

Waitlisted: Western, McMaster

GPA: 3.78, s-GPA: 3.98

Casper: 3rd quartile

Experiences/Strengths:

D1 athletics + team captain (competitive athlete for 14 years), frontline COVID work in a retirement home/LTC facility, worked as a PCA in the same facility after COVID protocols were lifted, have been working as a competitive sports coach the last 8 months with children ages ranging from 8-15. Also had around 85 hours shadowing in a private PT clinic as well as over 200 hours in a LTC clinic assisting a PT and PTA's with elderly residents. 

I feel I had good references. I had one from my academic advisor, one from a Senior manager and one from a PT. 

This is my second time applying (applied for Mac and Western last year with no success) and I am on the older side (I'll be 26 when I start in September) so I am thrilled to have the opportunity to move forward with this process!

Applied: U of T PT

Accepted: U of T PT (emailed 9:09 pm EST)

Waitlisted: N/A

Rejected: N/A

sGPA: 3.94/4.0 

Casper: 4th 

This was the only school I was able to apply to because the others want your prerequisites completed before application, but U of T lets you complete them during the application year. I just finished up my Stats and Anat requirements.

Edited by Streetlamp LeMoose
Extra Info

Applied: U of T, Queens, McMaster - all OT 

Accepted: 

Waitlisted: U of T (emailed at 12:17am EST), McMaster (emailed 9:44am EST), everything remains blank on OPRAS

Rejected: Queens

sGPA: ~3.75/4.0  

Casper: 2nd quartile 

Hoping to get off the waitlist for either!! Please let me know if you guys find out how we can look at our number on the waitlist. 

1 hour ago, growingup said:

Applied + (PT or OT?): OT Queens, Western, McMasters
Accepted: None
Waitlisted: None
Rejected: All (never received McMasters kira interview, rejection from western at 6:33 am EST, rejection from Queens 9:17 am EST)
GPA: 3.7 c-gpa and 3.7 s-gpa
CASPer Quartile: 4th
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references

I thought my applications were good. I included my experiences volunteering with children with learning disabilities,  working in optometry clinic, personal experiences living with someone with a disability (dad is blind/low vision), and some research experience designing a health promotion program with my uni. One of my references was a prof, and the other was one of the doctors that I worked with at my clinic. I also made sure to include that I had met with a few OTs (shadowing) to understand the profession in both my queens and western application. If anyone has any tips on what I should improve on for applying next year let me know (i think I will look into direct OT volunteer experience). As my GPA isn't the highest, i believe that may have been a limiting factor too!

Hey, sorry to hear about how you are feeling, you sound like a hardworking and empathetic person, and you deserve to feel better. Did you reach out to any OT students on this platform or another to read over your application or sample interview responses? I asked a few buddies of mine to do it for PT and it worked out. Since I am in PT, I can't offer any OT-specific advice but I want to let you know that your feelings are valid and your application is strong, so don't give up.

Applied: McMaster

Accepted: McMaster

Waitlisted: 

GPA: ~sGPA 3.85

Experiences/Strengths: I saw the offer in ORPAS just after midnight, and was then also able to see it in the applicant portal shortly after. I honestly had no sense of my odds - the online interview was a new experience for me and I wasn't sure how it went, but I tried my best!