Premed 101 Forums

New immigrant please help!

Guest taqi2

Guest taqi2

Hi, my name is Taqi and I was looking for some assistance regarding the following issue. I just arrived from Pakistan with a immigrant visa I would like to know my chances for research in pathology. I have an MCPS degree with 15 years of experience approximately in hematology microbiology biochemistry and parasitology. I have been managing and running medium sized laboratories independently. Do I have any chances to join some research program in the near future?

Simply put, I have just arrived in Canada; I want to know exactly what my options are. I heard various stories from Canada not accepting your education to there not being enough opportunities here. I just need some information on my options. Will they accept my qualification? Is there any exam(s) that I have to write, or would I have to take some courses in my current field to get on par with the Canadian medical system?

Do you people have any suggestions as to me pursuing further education at a university such as U of T. I am open to all kinds of information related to my concern, any kind of information will help, if you people need specific information, just ask me and I will let you know. Thanks a lot for your support.

Guest Wertt

Is an MCPS a Master's degree? I don't know specifics about how your educational level is considered (but I think it's the World Education Service), however with all of that experience I would imagine you could find a paid position as a lab manager/tech without much trouble, either at UofT or any other Canadian school.

Is that the sort of job you want? Or are you looking to enroll in graduate and/or medical school?

Archived