Premed 101 Forums

Interview with VS 8 anyone?

Guest cher

maelswarm:

considering they only gave like two weeks notice, I wouldn't be surprised if most ppl who interviewed this weekend were in and about Toronto.

but does that necessarily mean that the end of March and April interviews will be mainly from out of town....?

Guest ilikecereal

My friend who is from leamington (close to windsor) and goes to UWO with me has an interivew this weekend. I'm not sure if there's a specific order or preference to how they send out interviews, for all we know, we're trying to find a pattern in randomness.

Guest dayne67

Well, if all the Toronto residents are being interviewed in the first round, then I am probably going to be receiving my rejection letter any day (or week) now.

I sort of thought that I had the stats and experience to get an interview (i.e. 3.84 WGPA, MCAT: 10, 10, 10, O), but I guess it just may not be in the cards.

Stop worrying so much! :P While it may be true that the applicants coming this weekend are from in or near Toronto (I definitely know of people coming from nearby cities), this doesn't mean that you should worry if you are from Toronto and you haven't heard yet. There are applicants from Toronto at every interview weekend. Relax.

Guest lovelyladylumps

I agree. There is no need for Toronto (and surrounding area) residents to think that there will be no more interview offers in the Toronto area. I have known people in the past who are Toronto residents (and U of T students) who had an interview in April.

Guest UTMed07

dayne67:

I sort of thought that I had the stats and experience to get an interview (i.e. 3.84 WGPA, MCAT: 10, 10, 10, O), but I guess it just may not be in the cards.

The numbers are there and if I remember correctly you're an engineering student, which I think is a small bonus (judging on how many engineering students made it into my class - 0T7).

The remaining variable is... the essay. If you get rejected you know what it is you have to work on. If the essay is good you'll probably have an interview invite in hand soon. Good luck!

Guest dayne67

Yeah, I graduated last June. I am currently working (as an engineer).

Hoping for the best. If this year doesn't work out, I 'll re-apply next year.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lachicachicachica

Hi...I thought this might help. I have an OMSAS GPA of 3.95, and I'm a third year student. I have MCAT VS-8, BS-9, PS-11 and WS -Q. I got an interview. So who knows?

Guest inlimbo

Hi Congrats lachicachicachica,

I too am a 3rd year student with an OMSAS GPA of 3.95 and an MCAT of VS- 8 BS- 12 PS- 12 R. I got an interview.

So anything is possible. Chin up to the rest!

Guest lachicachicachica

Interview is for april. As for the letter being dated, I don't know but I received a month before the interview date. Should be dated like March 1 maybe?

Archived