Premed 101 Forums

What's the cheapest/easiest way from Pearson to U of T?

Guest juicyprunes

Guest juicyprunes

Hi!

Just wondering what is the easiest (and cheapest) way to get from Pearson Airport to Victoria College? Also, is Victoria college within walking distance to TGH (it looks quite far on the map!)?

Thanks!!:D

Guest Ollie

Hi,

The cheapest way would definitely be by TTC ($2.50). People never believe me, but it is really easy to get the TTC to/from the airport. There is a bus that goes to Kipling station and then you just hop on the subway. It usually takes ~45 minutes to get downtown. The closest subway stop to Victoria College is probably Museum which means you would have to transfer subway lines, or you could just go to Bay Station and walk from there. Here's the TTC website. www.toronto.ca/ttc/servic...irport.htm

There's also an airport shuttle which I think is about $15. I never take this so I can't help you out.

And then there's taxi which is like $50.

It would probably take about 10 minutes to walk to TGH from Victoria College.

Guest docbil

I would say TTC (Public transit).

Take airport express bus 192 (lower level of Terminal 1 and 2) (I believe) to kipling station (last and probably only stop).

From there go down one level and take the subway to St-George. You can either walk from there or take a cab... it should be about 5$. Or you can change trains and go south one station and walk the rest of the way.

Guest geekpunk

On a related note, I was hoping somebody could help me decide on a time to book a returning flight.

My interview at UofT is on Sunday, March 26th. Of course, the arrival time to sign-in is 8am but we won't know our actual interview time until we get there.

Would it be ok to book a 3:10pm, 4:30pm or 7:30pm returning flight (I'll be returning to Halifax) that Sunday night? All three options are roughly the same price. I'm thinking just to be safe I'd go with the 7:30pm flight.

Ultimately, I'm just paranoid since I don't know what time I'll be free to leave (i.e. when the interview/tour will be over) on Sunday. Help!

Edit: I checked the "Typical Interview Day" link on the admissions website and it looks as though I'll be fine, but could anyone confirm?

Guest peachy

The TTC is often the best way to get into the city, but imho it's worth knowing about the airport shuttle bus as well. It's much faster (and more comfortable) than taking the TTC and doesn't cost a fortune - good if you have big bags, are in a rush, the weather is bad, etc. Details are on the Toronto Airport Express website.

Guest the man

I had an 8am interview in February. You can leave as soon your interview is complete, which the latest that could be is noon if you have a 11am interview. If you hang around for lunch, you would be getting out of there at 1, and then there are other activities that you can do if you like, like other tours and displays that you can check out if you have time, but like the lunch are not mandatory or anything, just for interest! So the 3:10 flight is definitely doable, but I would grab the 430 one just to leave lots of time and perhaps be able to hang around and talk to some of the current med students at the lunch, because they were an awesome resource for me!

Guest medsmurf

In the email that Leslie sent me ahead of time so I could make travel arrangements she said that the latest the interviews would go would be 1:00pm...although my interview is April 9...not sure if that makes a difference.

Archived