Premed 101 Forums

Bad GPA in nursing at Mcgill

lala12

Hi, I started well at Mcgill with 3.3/4 after my first year in nursing school. After that I got through a lot in my personal life and started failing classes during my second year and got pregnant. I took a one year maternity leave at the end of my second year and came back to finish my 3dr year. I was able to do great and increase my GPA but still ended up with 2.84/4. Now I have been working for 5 years as a nurse but really want to try to become a doctor. Which path is the best for me? Which program can I get into to apply to med school? I don't even think I can get into the "marché du travail" process of admission because of my GPA and my experiences that are very basic. Any advices? Any idea what my CRU could be? Thanks

hi, my advice would be to do a second degre i know mcgil let you choose wich degre u want them to consider as basis for you admission. i think you will only have to do a 45 credit and you can applym ( please verify this informaiton in their web site). for the other french uni unfortunately they consider every thing you do i would not advise you to do a second degree to get into a french medschool though, because you have 2,84 even if you have 4/4 gpa on you second degre that would be give an average GPA of 3,4 ish, in my opignon that is not cmpetitf, best of luck i would encourage you to look further into the mcgil option.