Premed 101 Forums

interview format

Guest hychung

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

In previous years the interview was open-file and the interviewers had access to the autobiographical sketch and essay at least. (I fielded questions from my sketch and essay when I interviewed there.)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest studentz

As far as I know, they have access to everything, including the courses you've taken (a course I took was specifically mentioned last year, though the question didn't relate to material from the course).

It really is a very relaxed interview; I don't know a single person that had a problem with theirs. Just make sure--as should be obvious--that you're able to comment in detail about anything in your essay. And have fun!

hi!

i know that the general dress code is 'dress for success', proper suit, look neat etc. , but do u think it is a bad idea to wear a bright coloured shirt ? i'm really just wondering what is acceptable and what is not.

any suggestions would be appreciated :)

thanks

Guest the man

what do you recommend for preparation other than reviewing one's application material and a bit of review reading about the school and current healthcare issues?

I wasn't expecting to have to prepare so early, but I am not complaining!

Thanks a lot!

i know that the general dress code is 'dress for success', proper suit, look neat etc. , but do u think it is a bad idea to wear a bright coloured shirt ? i'm really just wondering what is acceptable and what is not.
I think it's perfectly fine. Don't worry about it. You're not going to be judged based on what you wear. Anything reasonable is acceptable.

Guest juicyprunes

They have our transcripts too?!:o

That really scares me :( - I have quite a few serious 'blemishes' on my transcript. Do you think it's likely that I'll have to explain them?

Thanks

Guest cedar05

hey juicyprunes,

I think it will be good if they ask you about them, that way you will have a great chance to explain yourself! It is better to explain why they are there since there is nothing you can do to make them go away. It'll be your chance to make up for them. Good luck!

Archived