Premed 101 Forums

FMProC and outcomes

spinach

FMProC results came out this morning and I did average. For those who wrote it last year, did you still match to your preferred programs with lower scores? I know it may be weighted differently this year (I saw 10% post-interview for one school) but I'm just looking for some reassurance that it's not as decisive as it feels. Everyone I know last year got 4th quartile.

Your FMProC score will not be the thing that makes or breaks your match. Most schools are still figuring out what to do with it. I think the most telling thing is that both last yea and this year, people applying to family medicine missed the deadline to write the test, despite multiple reminders and them explicitly saying they won't be opening up the testing portal again, only for them to open it up again. Why? Because this country is desperate for family physicians. If the rest of your application is good and you have have references that speak well of you, you will be just fine for interviews and the eventual match. 

On 11/26/2023 at 3:26 PM, Pathognomonic said:

how are you guys interpreting quartiles?

I scored 472. how does that translate in quartile? 

Calculate your percentile using a Z score. 

You scored roughly 76th percentile assuming normal distribution. You would be right on the edge between 3rd and 4th depending on the distribution