Premed 101 Forums

Urgent Care for Chronic Patients: Insights and Innovations

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently working on a project that seeks to address a critical issue in healthcare: providing timely assistance to patients with chronic diseases who require urgent medical help but are unable to call for help due to a sudden health episode.

Given the complexity and urgency of this problem, I am reaching out to this knowledgeable community of attending physicians and emergency medical doctors for insights and experiences. Your input would be invaluable in understanding the scope of the issue and exploring potential solutions.

Here are the questions I have in mind:

1. How common is this problem? What are the usual outcomes of such situations?
2. In such scenarios, should the patient attempt to contact their attending physician first, or should they directly seek emergency services? Who is the most appropriate first point of contact?
3. What solutions are currently available to address this problem?
4. In your opinion, what would be the ideal solution to ensure timely assistance for these patients?
5. Do patients in such situations often use wearable technology like fitness bracelets or smartwatches that could aid in monitoring their health and providing alerts?

I would greatly appreciate if you could share your thoughts, experiences, and any relevant information on this topic. Your feedback will play a crucial role in shaping a solution that could significantly impact the lives of many patients.

Thank you very much for your time and willingness to contribute to this discussion. I look forward to reading your responses.

lagunand_digital_AI_attending_physician_AI_analyzes_data_Urgent_9b158a17-8d6e-4b49-b34b-df2931a7e4a2.thumb.png.9c81998270a6479367da83391958573d.png