Premed 101 Forums

another question re provisional acceptance

Guest shudvbeenafarmer

Guest shudvbeenafarmer

Hi Everyone,

I feel like I should know the answer to this question but I've looked everywhere and can't find it.

If you are accepted first round at more than one school, what does it mean to provisionally accept and why would one want to do that? What does it mean to keep your file active at other schools? What advantage does that give you other than time? Does that mean, your spots at the other schools that you list on your admission form aren't given away until July 4?

If one did change their mind, how would they impliment it? For example, I provisionally at Ottawa, then decide I want to go to U of T, is that even possible?

To me provisional acceptances make sense to those who are BOTH accepted and waitlisted, that is of course if they are interested in the school they are waitlisted at.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

Farmer :P

Guest Pthalo

Since you have to respond to all first round offers by June 14, and the form states that you can only hold 1 acceptance (firm or provisional) at a time then you could NOT buy time this way ...it only works if you're waitlisted at a school and you want to keep it as an option without losing an offer at another school: this is the only purpose of provisional acceptances.

Archived