Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist deadline

Guest flainechiu

Guest flainechiu

Hi,

I've been waitlisted at UT although accepted at other schools. If I accept another Ontario school, how long will I remain on the UT waitlist for? I believe that provisional acceptances become firm on July 4th, so at that point will I be firmly committed to another school, thus taken off the UT waitlist for good? Thanks in advance.

Guest ttryit

Hi faline,

You are correct. The way it works is that if you accept, you are immediately removed from all ontario waitlists. If you provisionally accept, you stay on those lists until July 4th at which time your provisional acceptance becomes firm and you are removed from all ontario waitlists.

tt

Guest MDFEVER

I am in similar situation here, do I still have a choice to decline U of T offer when they inform me I will be off the waitlist?

Guest squeegy80

Is this the same for other provinces?

If my provisional acceptance at an Ontario school becomes firm on July 4, is my application withdrawn from the waitlist across Canada (in my case Calgary), or is that solely between the schools in Ontario?

Thanks,

squeegy

Guest house

as far as i know they actually do the crosslisting across canada, although i was told that it happens "later" not sure what the exact date on that is

Guest theclevername

Yes, they do check through-out canada if you have accepted more than one medical school spot. I know of one person who did this and the worse thing that happened was the one school called him up and asked him to decide which school that day. Not sure when in the summer this happened though.

Guest Steve U of T

True, they'll probably find out if you accept 2 offers of admission in different provinces, but I thnk the July 4 deadline applies only to OMSAS. I believe you can remain on non-Ontario waitlists even if you've firmly accepted at an Ontario school. Howeve, if you get an offer off the waiting list, you'll have to make a decision. I provisionally accepted my offer from UWO, although I'll probably turn down an offer from U of T if I get one.

Guest flainechiu

Hi,

Just to be clear...if we provisionally accepted a school and receive a waitlist offer elsewhere, we can still decline this new offer right? Asking to stay on the waitlist does not automatically mean you will accept their offer should one arise, right?

Guest lilypooprincess

what IF you have been waitlisted at two schools, for example: queens and UofT

and say you first get offered a place at queens, but really want to go to UofT... is it possible (after this july 4th firm acceptance deadline) to PROVISIONALLY accept queens and wait for UofT?

Guest squeegy80

flainechiu,

Just to be clear...if we provisionally accepted a school and receive a waitlist offer elsewhere, we can still decline this new offer right? Asking to stay on the waitlist does not automatically mean you will accept their offer should one arise, right?

Some people here have already declined offers off the waitlist, so yes you can still decline this new offer. Staying on the waitlist does not mean you are telling them you want in for sure.

lily,

is it possible (after this july 4th firm acceptance deadline) to PROVISIONALLY accept queens and wait for UofT?

No, after July 4th any acceptance becomes firm, meaning you cannot provisionally accept. Whether or not this would take you off the U of T waitlist, call them to make sure (and Queen's in case the situation is reversed). My speculation from what I've heard is that you would be pulled off the U of T waitlist, but again call to be sure.

Good luck!

squeegy

Archived