Premed 101 Forums

Question

Guest qua

I'm just wondering if I were to start a second undergrad degree (I've already completed my BSc with a very low GPA), and apply after a few years of doing this second degree, are there any schools that look at all my marks from both degrees, or do all the schools take only the current degree into consideration?

I'd like to apply to as many schools as I can, so I hope there aren't any that take the average of all the university marks you've ever gotten.

Any insight on this would be really appreciated!

Thanks for the help

Guest byjude

It depends on the school.

McMaster will only look at your overall average from all courses ever taken, in all undergrad degree programs.

Most other schools can or will look only at your second degree. McMaster is the only one I can think of that will definitely look at all of your courses.

Anyone think of any other examples?

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

UBC will also consider all of your courses in one of their GPA factors (the others are "last 60 credits" and "pre-requisite course GPA").

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Thanks.

So does that mean that at most schools my marks from my first degree will not count all? So I can have a fresh start using only marks from my second degree?????

I hope so! I hope my dreaded past doesn't come back to haunt me once I apply for med school.

Archived