Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2025 Cycle

Hi there,

I'm starting a new forum for the 2025 cycle for those applying to OT/PT programs across Canada! Good luck!

Info you can share after acceptances:

Applied + (PT or OT?):
Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
GPA: c-gpa and s-gpa
CASPer Quartile:
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references

6 minutes ago, IheartOT said:

Hi there,

I'm starting a new forum for the 2025 cycle for those applying to OT/PT programs across Canada! Good luck!

Applied + (PT or OT?):
Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
CASPer Quartile:

Thank you! 

4 hours ago, IheartOT said:

Hi there,

Applied + (PT or OT?):
Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
CASPer Quartile:

Thanks!!

Hii, this will be my second time applying to the OT programs and I feel like my main weakness may be my letter of intent since I feel like my work/research experiences and grades are strong. I was wondering if anyone who got accepted would be willing to privately message me and either share their LOI or some pointers that they feel made their letter stronger. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you :)

On 9/30/2024 at 5:13 PM, PlsTakeMeOT said:

Is there one for their OT program?? 

U of T OT doesn't release their stats, but historically it is just slightly lower in terms of GPA in the high-very high 3.8s. ORPAS website does release info on how many ppl applied in a given year, its usually 300 ppl fewer than PT. 

On 9/12/2024 at 12:19 PM, Angrykimchi said:

If anyone applying has any resources on studying for CASPER, pls do share and tysm! 

Hey there,

I got 4th quartile CASPER in 2024 and I was accepted off the waitlist to U of A OT in August. 

There isn't really a way to study for the CASPER but I would highly recommend doing the practices they offer on their website. It will give you a feel for the type of questions you might get asked AND more importantly, IMO, it will give you a sense of how much time you'll have and the format of how questions will be presented. 

From what I have heard from others, a huge factor in the CASPER is typing speed. Spelling and grammar do not count so just type as fast as you can so that you're able to answer the questions. Not all of them have typed responses, but many do. I am a very fast typer so I didn't have any issue with this part, but if you don't think your typing is very strong then I would consider taking some time to practice. You don't have to pay for a course or anything, there are tons of free websites that offer ways for you to practice and increase your typing speed and accuracy. 

Also, fully answer the questions and use all of the allotted time for the video responses. I think that what helped me was being able to consider both sides of the scenario and make justifications for each. There aren't really any "right" answers for the CASPER scenarios, I think what they're looking for are people who are thoughtful and will take time to really consider all of the angles. For example, two of my friends got this question: "You work in a cafe. Your job at the end of the night is to take the pastries that did not sell and throw them away in the dumpster. In the alley, a homeless person approaches you and says that they are hungry. Do you throw the pastries out because you have been instructed by your manager that it's company policy? Or do you give the pastries to the homeless person?" 

My two friends (who both got 4th quartile and both got into nursing school) gave different answers. One said that she would never let someone go hungry and that she would give them the pastries and would explain the situation to her boss. My other friend said that she would not give them the pastries but would place them beside the dumpster, then tell the boss the next day about the scenario to see if policy could be changed. 

I think you could argue that both could be right answers but the thing is that they want someone who makes a choice and knows why they make that choice. Yes, you might feel wrong about letting someone go hungry and that's valid, but on the other hand, perhaps company policy to throw out old pastries and to not give them away is because the company's insurance policy requires them to do so. Being able to thoughtfully justify your choice is what they want. What they DON'T want is someone who says "I don't know". Even if you get cut off, you definitely want to use all of the time that you have to try to explore as many angles of the scenario as you can. 

I hope that helps, best of luck!! 

Hi! Random question but thought I'd try to reach out. Has anyone here applied, been accepted to or even attended the University of Liverpool MSc Physiotherapy (pre-reg) program? I've been accepted to start in Jan 2025 and was hoping to connect with any other Canadians :)