Premed 101 Forums

Research

Guest DrMam

Guest DrMam

Hi everyone,

This is my first time using this service...its really interesting how students across can post their concerns right here. Well i just finished off my first year at York and am in my Second as of Fall. I am interesting in applying for medicine and dentistry (just dunoo where i wanna go yet ) and I wanted to do some sort of research at York or other notorious institution. Can anyone please help me by suggesting some of the places they did their research at. I am already volunteering at Toronto General and Trillium.

I would appreciate any sort of suggestions.. Thanks and Byeee

Mev.

Guest peachy
at York or other notorious institution
Heh. :lol

Can anyone please help me by suggesting some of the places they did their research at.
There's a small and somewhat out-of-date FAQ about this on the SOS website.

If you are at York, then the SOS is a fantastic resource, and I do suggest that you take advantage of it! You can talk to knowledgable upper-year students about where to find summer research jobs, and they usually organize a talk at some point in the year about this as well.

Personally, I did two summers at York and then one summer at Johns Hopkins ... the opportunity at Hopkins I found out about by doing a whole bunch of web searching, which I have always found to be a good way of finding many opportunities.

Archived