Premed 101 Forums

Bus pass

Guest satsumargirl

Guest satsumargirl

Hello,

Does anyone know if students get a bus pass?

Both universities I've attended gave student's bus passes as part of our fees.

I've tried to look at Ottawa's websites and I can't figure out if we get one. The Ottawa Transit page lists a student pass rate of around$500 (can't remember...maybe $450)....but this is huge!!

And if we don't get a pass and that is how much the bus will be, then I am more tempted to keep my car.

Thanks

Sats

Guest doctorinthehouse

You can definitely get a student bus pass with Ottawa U. I got one with them last year, and with Carleton before that.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TheShrink

Hello,

Its only $511.00 if you buy the annual bus pass, which in the long run a better investment if you have the $511.00 to cough up. However, you could buy a $53.25 student pass every month and work that into your budget if you would prefer. Ottawa U doesn't give you a free bus pass( lucky if your old uni did!) but you do qualify as a student if you go to UofO. Hope that sort of made sense.

Driving is sort of iffy if you go to UofO b/c its right downtown and pretty hectic to get to in the mornings and what not. Since we have pretty good transit system downtown most students opt for the bus pass. Good luck on your choice.

Peace be w/ u.

Archived