Premed 101 Forums

UBC pharm interview

Guest kakashifan

Guest kakashifan

hi guys...

i'm a med hopeful but i was rejected everywhere this past admission cycle.

in foresight, i have also applied to ubc pharm.

1) i was wondering, did many other people do this?

2) can people who are in pharmacy now (and probably are also waiting for medicine) give me advice on a) the pharm interview B) ubc pharm prog

thanks!

~kakashi-fan

Hi kakashifan,

here are some of my experiences with regard to your questions:

1) I did this, I finished two years of pharmacy before being accepted into med. Initially, during my applications I was unsure of the path I would follow, so I wasn't entirely sure when and if I would go into med school. Pharmacy seemed like a great program to get into early, while still learning about my interests, and motivations. Meanwhile having the peace of mind that you are in a job-oriented program. I always liked science, and pharmacy too, so it was sort of a win win situation because if i felt pharm wasn't for me and I switched, great. If i didn't, great again! I would still be in health care/ science related field.

2) -the pharmacy interview when i had it was very scripted. The basics came out with regard to "why pharmacy?" , what other carreers have you considered? , What motivates you? what area of pharmacy are you most interested in, and why (eg.community vs hospital)? no real ethics questions. Very laid back.

-I unfortunately can't give you too much info on ubc's new program, as I was in the old curriculum. However, overall, ubc's pharm faculty is great, they are extremely supportive of their students, and there tends to be a high level of comaraderie among its students.

Archived