Premed 101 Forums

190 Lees

Guest Talon01

Guest Talon01

Hello All

Does anyone live in 190 Lees? I recently signed a 1yr lease for that building and I haven't even seen it (other than their webpage - I live far away). It sounds nice and the people seem nice, can anyone confirm or deny? How far is the free shuttle? Does anyone have pictures of their places and/or the building they can email me? 

Guest demon

Im pretty sure thats the building that my lab partner lived in. Nice building really close to main campus. As I recall the free shuttle actually makes a couple of stops on the way from main campus to the hospital campus and one of them is in front of that building. Which is ideal by the sound of it.

Guest AliatUofT

Hi Talon

i was also looking at those buildings... i am going down to Ottawa in a couple of weeks to look at them,

i find it really difficult to sign a lease without seeing the place but i must say from the pics it looks like a really nice place

its pretty close to the med school as well

if i get one there i can always give you a ride to school, since i will likely be driving to class :)

but ill let u know about it if u still like once i look at them

cheers

Ali

Guest AliatUofT

Hey Talon

when did u do it? i mean sign

i called the building on thursday or friday and the lady told me that there was one available and that i would need to take it cause it may not be available when i wanted to come down, so u may have taken it?

either way i am gonna call her in a couple of weeks when i get down to ottawa

cheers

Ali

Guest Talon01

I tallked to her friday night around 7pm and told her I would take it, faxed the papers back and forth and everything. She also told me there was only 1 available.

Guest satsumargirl

Hi Guys,

I just came back from apt hunting this weekend.

I sawa few on Lees and I don't recall if 190 was one of them. I think I looked at 169 and 170?

There are a row of blds. The ones I looked at were nice buildings. Tennis court, swimming pool, once had a great laundry room that was super sunny 'cause there were alot of windows! Ask what colour the carpet is ....if you care. The 2 they showed us (2 B/R) has really bright turquoise carpet. But they said they could change to grey.

Also if you are looking at 2 B/R parking may be an issue. One bldg said there would only be space for 1 of us to park and the other would have to buy a pass and park at the Ottawa transit parkg lot.

Accross the street from the 2 bldgs we saw there were some pretty run down looking buildings, I don't know what number they were or what the inside is like. Could be better than the outside.

Location is the reason why we didn't take an apt there.

It's very busy, right near the highway. Personally I like to be able to open my window and hear the wind in the leaves or birds or something, not the highway. I didn't find there was anything interesting nearby. There was a park but again...would be out there listening to the cars!

But if you need to be close to transit I guess it is a pretty good place that way. And there is a free U of Ottawa shuttle that stops at 169 Lees that goes from main campus to med school. So that is a bonus as well.

So...in my hunt, I found I like the Glebe area. Nice old houses with character (some expensive dumps though so really need to go check it out). Bank St. is nice....little coffee shops, a bistro, little shops and it goes through the Glebe area. And the canal is not too far.

I ended up getting a place in what they call "The golden triangle" and that is from what I heard, the area between the canal and Elgin St. (Elgin St is loud so I wouldn't recommend a place right on it if you are a quiet person, but it's nice to be close to...lots of restaurants etc...). So the canal is right accross the Street from me for study breaks and it is only about an 8 minute drive to school (it wasn';t rush hour though when I timed it, so it may be longer in the morning).

Anyway, this is also a nicer area I think. I can walk to Elgin St for coffee breaks. Anyway, I really liked this area as well.

The Glebe and the Golden Triangle meant nothign to me when I was looking at ads, but they are nice.

Sandy Hill is near the main campus. I didn't really check out places there though, so don't know what it is like there.

Good luck to everyone with their apt hunting!

Archived