Premed 101 Forums

bah, there's nothing to talk about...

Guest mdhopeful23

Guest mdhopeful23

well, the wait seems to get worse as the day draws near...and my usual roaming of these boards is turning up emptyhanded. isnt there somethin to chat about these days? cmon, ill take anything...:rolleyes :P

ooh, i know. does anyone watch the swan? ok, im a little embarassed to say ive seen an episode :o ...or two...but its sooo wierd. i cant help but see the correlation between it and that new movie 'the stepford wives'. i cant get over these ladies going through so much to fit society's ideal of 'beautiful'. its all very creepy, imo...

Guest Dr Shan

I think that the show is funded by plastic surgery companies who are going to be making a fortune off of it. It's too bad that our society has such a narrow vision of beauty. All of the ladies look kind of similar at the end of the process (i.e. big lips, boobs, etc). I thought that a lot of those girls looked really nice before their makeovers. They just needed to smile more. :D

Guest VS12

but i've seen little excerpts from the show on those Hollywood shows and god those women turn out horribly. look at their lips, they're grossly inflated with collagen and it just looks so disgusting. think stifler's mom but worse... these women look like plastic. they're completely shiney and their skin is so tightly held against their faces. ugh. i don't see why anyone would go to such extremes. i don't have any problem with the whole concept of plastic surgery... a little breast lift here, a little lipo there, whatever, doesn't bother me. but it's the whole taking it to an extreme thing that disgusts me.

Guest justanotherpremed

the swan is the best evidence that I've seen for the hypothesis that our society is going to absolute garbage. :hat :smokin

Guest Xine15

What do you guys think about Extreme Makeover? I think it's way better than the Swan. They take people who (in my opinion) have serious teeth problems, cleft lips and who have self-esteem issues because of thier appearance. They all end up looking different at the end but also have improved self-confidence, better body image and truly feel that their lives will be better because if it.

Guest oO0chickpea0Oo

the worst thing about the show (Swan) is that after making all these women beautiful, after lifting all their self-esteem and confidence by making them into who the "always wanted to be" what do they do? They shatter all that by selecting one of the two women as being the "prettier" one to go on to the pageant show at the end of the series...that's what really burns my blood...but I guess they all knew that coming into the show...ok, that's enough outta me...

Guest mdhopeful23

well, there was this one scene with the plastic surgeon that really got to me..

he's assessing this womans face, whom i thought was ok looking, a little makeup and a new hairdo would make a world of difference. but he just chewed her up! new lips, under eye tuck, suck the fat out of her cheeks, laser resurface, facelift...omg, it was unbelievable. and im sure this lady felt like she was just hideous to begin with...sooo untrue....the way he talked to her, like she was nothing without these changes, argh, i didnt like that at all...

however, im not totally against plastic surgery. some of the denture work was amazing. its just the amount that was being done that irked me. it seemed like everyone needed a boob job!! and they looked so unnatural after it all...

im dont mind reality shows (except the bachelor, ugh, i hate it :x ), but we're starting to go off the deep end here. im worried it'll all end in a 'total recal' type of scenario...

Guest skiboot

I haven't watched much television in the last 8 months (although its increased in the last couple of weeks), but whatever happened to Nip Tuck. I used to always see the previews on ctv, but it seems to have all but disappeared (not that I miss it) but just curious.

Guest cheech10

The first season of Nip/Tuck finished a while ago. I think a US station picked it up for next year, but don't know if CTV did.

Archived