Premed 101 Forums

Go Leafs Go!

Guest Nightriders19

Guest Nightriders19

Hey all,

Any other leaf fans out there? The waiting for med school responses is killing me, but watching the boys in blue kick some Senator butt is helping a lot :)

Gotta love Eddie Belfour!

Anxiously awaiting the last day of May,

Nightrider

Guest tweep0

GO LEAFS GO!

The leafs sucked last night, but Belfour kept 'em in it! I was always a big fan of Cujo (even before he moved to the leafs), but when Belfour is on the ice, i have to admit that I know he will make those key saves.

GO LEAFS GO!

SENS SUCK!:evil

Tweep

Guest RageoftheDragon

I'm a leafs fan too, and yeah, Belfour ruled last nite. He deserved all 3 star spots. But for us TO fans, we gotta start egging the rest of the team to step up, as we're gonna get smashed as soon as we hit a team that can put Belfour off his game. What was with stopping at the centre line after the 1st goal. Geez!! Get the security goal before you start playing that defensive BS!!

RotD

Guest Ollie

Oh, typical Leafs fans. Thinking that everyone cares about the Leafs, and posting in the general forum :b . Note that the "Go Canucks Go" thread is in the UBC forum. ;) Actually, it is pretty exciting to see 5/6 canadian teams in the playoffs. I was hoping so much for the Oilers to be there as well. I had all these scenarios worked out where the Canucks would win the division and the Oilers would make the playoffs. 6/6 would have been sweet. I will cheer for any Canadian team eventually, but right now it is Canucks all the way! (and hoping for the Sens over the Leafs! Sorry, but I have a thing for Wade Redden :D )

Guest noncestvrai

Nah, Leafs suck, and so does Don Cherry.

The Sens need to crowd the crease a bit more, they have to shake Belfour's confidence.

Now, let's hope Jose Theodore comes back to form so we can get past the Bruins, yes I am a Canadiens fan.

Besides, the Canucks-Flames series is also great to watch.

It's really good hockey, except for the so-so officiating

noncestvrai

Guest Koppertone

Ya Canucks are going all the way (assuming they don't have any MORE injuries to their linup). But ya, the offiating for those games has been either incredibly lacking or incredibly overzealous with little balance, making each game a @#%$ shoot. Still, being from Vancouver makes them all that much more interesting.

Guest RageoftheDragon

Not that I'm a Canadiens fan, but in regards to last nites game: Worst OT win...EVER. Damn did Montreal deserve that game.

RotD

Guest DonaldKaufman

They did deserve that game, but for about 5 seconds Kovalev forgot that he was playing in an overtime hockey game, and it killed them.

And the fact that my roomate is a Habs fan and I'm Leafs/Bruins guy made it amusing, but I actually didn't feel right about rubbing it in after a loss like that.

Theodore needs to step it up.

Guest medicator007

Montreal totally deserved that game last night. I had the pleasure of working at the Bell Center last night and it was an incredible atmosphere up until that tying goal went in with some 20 odd seconds left.

The GWG was an ugly one, and even though they refs totally blew that one (anyone on this planet could have seen that was a slash), but as was said above its OT and Kovalev had to step it up, suck it up and clear the puck out of the zone and NOT skate into your own defenseman. That being said, Theo has been letting in all sorts of soft ones and he really should have made that save. Alas....

Go Habs Go!!!!!

Medicator

Guest RageoftheDragon

Koppertone: HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That's gold.

I think my buddy Tim (Bruin's fan) put it well. It was Karma. Kovalev started that acting @#%$ again, and this time it bit Montreal in the @ss.

RotD

Guest UWOMED2005

Of course they lost.

Any team that keeps Aki Berg on its active roster doesn't deserve to make it to the second round.

The Sens are once again, underrated. They led the league in goal differential this year by a fair bit with +73. Detroit was reasonably close with +66, but nobody else really was. Toronto wasn't even close (+38).

Game 2 and Game 3 was just the Sens getting over their Leafs' jitters, and Belfour standing on its head. The only place the Leafs match the Sens is in goal. . . and when Lalime gets hot (he was looking pretty good last night!) he's the most underrated goalie in the league.

But I'll admit he's been pretty inconsistent this past season.

P.S. The Leafs-Sens is the best rivalry in sports right now. BETTER than Bosox-Yankees.

But there are some big idiots here in Ontario: myself and a couple buddies watched Game 1 at Joe Kool's in London (which happens to be the London RED WING'S bar, btw.) Two of us were wearing Sens Jerseys. Of course we were cheering for Ottawa (we're both from there,) but not be obnoxious about things or anything - just keeping to ourselves.

This stupid UWO Frosh chick from T.O, though, apparently took huge offence to us just being in the bar. She came up to us at the end of the game, and with a completely straight face started yelling at us for "ruining everybody's time" by showing up to watch the game in Sens jerseys at the bar (a RED WING bar, btw! There were only two Leaf jerseys there.) Pretty presumptuous of her to assume everybody in London was cheering for HER hometown team, eh?

I'll be you she thought Cujo was still the goaltender for the Leafs.

Sports rivalry rocks. Sports morons suck.

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

Yeah, it's kind of strange how Joe Kool's is a Red Wings bar. They should really get behind a real team like the Leafs. As for a place to wear Senators jerseys and not be ridiculed for liking a team that has Greg de Vries and league-wide punching bag Chris Neil taking regular shifts, I can't really help you. In terms of goaltending, it is clearly no contest- Lalime couldn't stop a beachball while Eddie is the Eagle and a vastly superior goaltender, no matter how you slice it. Plus the Leafs have Roberts and Ottawa doesn't. 'Nuff said.

Leafs in 6 or 7, doesn't matter which because the Leafs will take the series.

Best of luck!

Timmy

P.S.: Berg's been playing for the bench lately, which is a good place for him. He and Rob Ray should get together and play cards during the game

Guest Xine15

All I know is that sometime next week, when the Leafs are out on the golf course - I know who they'll blame

Bel - FOUR! :lol

GO SENS GO! :D

Guest UWOMED2005

Nuts.

I'll admit the Leafs played well tonight. Belfour has been ridiculous for an old coke snorting geezer soon to be due for his first CABG.

This series is going to 7.

Guest RageoftheDragon

Calgary and Van!! WHAT AN INSANE GAME!!! After some weak goaltending on both sides, they still managed to get in essentially an entire game of damn GOOD netminding. GEEZ LOUISE. Reminded me of the Philly/Pittsburg 5 OT game a few years back.

RotD

Guest Jerika81

Yes, what an intense game, especially since I was watching it from just behind the goalie:D !! It was depressing when we were down 4 nothing, but man did the Flames ever make a come-back. I can't believe how loud it got in the Saddledome!! So much fun, even though they lost:( . Game 7 should be great.

Guest Ian Wong
Any team that keeps Aki Berg on its active roster doesn't deserve to make it to the second round.
You called it. Berg muffed his defensive assignment tonight, and before you knew it, the puck was behind Belfour. 2-1 Ottawa in double OT!!!

Sens in 7.

Ian

Archived