Premed 101 Forums

MedGames Location

Guest HSR07

Guest aneliz

If you are referring to FSS, it is always is Quebec... last year was Sherbrooke...the year before McGill.... probably Quebec city would be my guess...

Guest medicator007

Yeah it rotates through the 4 schools every year CY, so Laval should be due for it next year. I predict Montreal will win the coming edition and Laval the next one? Any wagers :hat

Medicator

Guest HSR07

All of the Ontario schools go, all of the Quebec ones (french and english) and Dalhousie. I went for the first time last year and it was awesome.

Guest noncestvrai

I will try to be there, if I am not in Mexico...living la vida loca.

It's on the other side of the mountain right?

noncestvrai

Guest therealcrackers

It's usually the first weekend back in January... and yes, it will be on the Metro 5 line, not the 1 line... U de M has some great athletic facilities, though, and they are quite centralized. McGill two years ago (well Jan 2003) was a lot of fun, but try climbing up the lower slopes of Mt. Royal when it's 20 below and the wind is howling...

Plus, it's closer to the bagels...

Guest Cowboy Mouse

as an ex-patriot montrealer, there's a few montreal staples i always try to gorge on while i'm visiting (bagels, belle province, cosmo's for breakfast, etc), but i've recently discovered that my next 4 years at dal med will be that much better because Pete's Fruitique FLIES IN fresh St. Viateur bagels :eek :D

aaah but to be able to buy beer at the depanneur instead of inconveniently placed provincial liquor stores.

that's my bagel digression. sigh.

cm.

Guest Tabeeba

Your bagel comment is more than warranted--Montreal bagels rock, in my humble opinion (even though I'm from Ontario). Hehe, this is my first time writing on ezboard, I guess ur post was the one that inspired me to join in after loitering around here far too long.

Peace and keep reppin the bagels

Guest Gill0927

Are you kidding?

You have to have one. are they that good? Ummm...yeah, yeah they are. (they don't taste anything like other so-called bagels...they're real bagels).

Guest redhedmed

You bet they're good. After spending a summer in Montreal, all the "bagels" back west will just taste like bread in a bagel shape.

Guest aneliz

"Bread in a bagel shape" :lol

I second that one.... yeah... they are really that good... even my bagel-hating father is begging for more after I brought him home some last summer...

Marbledust--

There's a guy who used to work at St. Viateur in Montreal who has his own Montreal bagel place in Calgary at the strip mall at Heritage and Elbow Drive (the one on the East side of the street). They are the real thing--you should check it out!

Guest therealcrackers

Yeah... but they aren't using unfluoridated water, like they have in Montreal... it always loses something when copied in another city. One skip trip at Tremblant with a buddy, we had 19 dozen steaming the windows of his jeep all the way back to central Ontario...

Guest medicator007

Well Said Crackers... It's ALL about the water!!!

To quote the controversial one: "Often immitated, NEVER duplicated!!!"

Go BAGELS!

Guest cutieyellow

Tihihi...funny thing is, i've lived in Montreal all my life, and i don't think i've ever had a bagel from St-Viateur...or maybe i did once upon a time and it never really hit me. Now i soooooo have to go and have one. NCV, will you accompany me? :)

CY

Guest therealcrackers

I'll be there VERY early in the morning one Saturday in August, picking up "supplies" ---good thing they're open 24 hours.

Guest medicator007

CY,

You're from Montreal and have never had a St-Viateur bagel? My word!! Where have you been hiding? If there was some agency in charge of deciding who was a Montrealer, then consumption of these heavenly dough-based, poppy/sesame seed coated, wood-burning oven baked, treats would be a prime determinant of being a Montrealer. :eek

Open 24hrs a day oh hell yeah. I have actually assuaged bagel cravings by heading down to the shrine at 04h00... My name is The Medicator and I AM A MONTREALER!!!:D

Guest cutieyellow

Shame on me! Oh well, something to look forward to in the last month of vacation that i have left before heading back to Quebec City.

I am not sure i really do want to try it now however, as i don't want to develop yet another food addiction/something i'll miss when i'm away at school. Bubble tea is already one thing that can't be found in Qc....snif.

CY

Guest marbledust

Thanks 17 I will have to check out that bagel shop in Calgary. Now my curiousity has been peaked - I love the cheap, semi-stale bagels they sell at Safeway, I can't even imagine what the Montreal ones are like :)

Guest coastal79

One more notch for St Viateur bagels. I lived at St Laurent and Bernard, a couple of blocks from there, for about a month, during my vagabond epoch.

I can't wait for MedsGames, should be a good time and, most importantly, an excuse for a roadtrip!

Guest noncestvrai

Well I used to live 2 min from the bagel shop...suffice to say that I had my share...awe, I will miss them now that I moved in the suburbs.

Somebody at UdeM should go buy some for the early games...

We do need some breakfast, right?

noncestvrai

Archived