Premed 101 Forums

CMAJ

Guest adlinner

Guest medicator007

Awesome job guys....

In case you weren't aware it was cited in an article in the Montreal Gazette!

Nice piece!

Medicator

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there,

Thanks for that. :) The Gazette called and conducted a bit of an interview, but I never actually read the resulting article. However, I did read the one that appeared in the Calgary Herald. Bit of an odd experience, but it's nice to get the article's main idea out, cross-country. Perhaps it will help spur some groups to channel some resources into this area.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest medicator007

It must be really weird to see urself being quoted in a major press outlet.... I know at least out here in Montreal the article in the Gazette and the original CMAJ one have been discussed in the hospitals amongst some docs... so maybe you did get something rolling? who knows?!

Job well done again,

Medicator

Guest Ian Wong

Thanks. :) I hope that these sorts of articles might help policy-makers realize that we really need to be training a lot more physicians (and this means increasing residency spots, not just medical school spots) in the near future.

We are losing a generation of physicians accustomed to working 60+ hours a week with a new generation who want to work significantly less hours. If the productivity-per-physician drops in the future (as I would expect it to, given the increased emphasis that my medical student cohorts show in wanting a good lifestyle), then we need to be training that many more doctors to make up for this difference.

Ian

Guest cutieyellow

So the study says 74% female at Universite Laval...hmmm...sometimes it definitely feels like more than that... :lol

Definitely lack of testosterone here in Quebec City :)

CY

Guest jmh2005

Great work on the article guys!! Nice job!!

I couldn't agree with you more. My class for instance is 78% female (class of 2005)...it will be interesting to see where we all end up after CaRMS, more in FM?

Archived