Premed 101 Forums

First Aid Training

Guest h2dizza

Guest h2dizza

Hey guys,

Did you all get the email from Sask regarding CPR training on Sept. 17/18? My First Aid/CPR just expired. Can someone clarify whether that training on Sept. 17/18 is sufficient or do I need to get recertified prior to that?

Wow, I feel like I'm soooo pressed for time. And I'm absolutely worried about housing for this coming term. I don't even think I'll get a residence spot. *sigh*!

Any current med student want to give me some tips...

Thanks,

HD

Guest UofS2010

Hm...maybe u will need to get the first aid part recertified, but not sure about that...might be best just to pop them an email.

As for living, i totally feel ya....i'm going over soon for a week to see what i can find....i doubt there is any res left...and i would think it probably isn't the best choice either!

Guest Kenola

Hey there,

You'll need to get your standard first aid recertified before classes start. The CPR first aid offered by the college on Sept 16 and 17 is all you need for the CPR criteria specified by the college (i.e. no additional CPR course outside of the college such as St John Ambulance is required).

Good luck with the housing! Sorry I can't offer any tips there...

Kenola

Guest sab10

Hey UofS,

Congrats on your acceptance! Good luck with your househunting... Here's some links I thought might help you out (I went through the whole process about a month ago and it can be mind-boggling:eek ):

www.mls.ca/map.aspx?AreaID=6321

www.saskhouses.com

homes.canada.com/saskatoon/

www.sublet.com/area_renta...urce=10215

Hope this gives you a bit of help!

sab

P.S. I am still looking for a roomie if anyone out there is interested!

Guest UofS2010

Thanks for the info Sab, those websites are definitely very helpful. I will see if I can hunt down a bargain when I'm up there, and I will PM you later Sab if I can't find anything and you are still looking for a roomie :)

Archived