Premed 101 Forums

scholarships

Guest radiation oncology

Guest radiation oncology

Hello everyone

I was fortunately accepted into the class of 2010 and I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about scholarships available for incoming med students. The college of medicine website does not have information about financial aid which was kinda surprising. Anyways, a reply would be greatly appreciated.

:D

Guest sab10

Hi radiation_oncology,

Congrats on your acceptance! It's always nice to hear of future fellow classmates!

I think there was an insert about scholarships and bursaries sent with our interview scores... I'm not positive, as I was not home at the time and my parents opened the letter with me. I know the deadline for sending transcripts and such to be considered was June 1st, but the deadline for bursaries isn't until the fall. I hope this helps!

Guest Kenola

Hi there,

I didn't see much on the paws website for entering med student scholarships. However, as sab10 said, there was a handout in the interview results about med student bursaries and the requirement to fill out a sask student loan assessment first.

Additionally, I've also found the Sask Medical Association offers bursaries for med students starting in second year as long as you agree to practice in Saskatchewan for a period of time (quite substantial bursaries). Their URL is : www.sma.sk.ca/programs/bursary.aspx

RBC also offers scholaships to med students, with a deadline of Oct 1 ( www.rbcroyalbank.com/stud...rship.html )

Thats about all I've found so far!

kenola

Archived