Premed 101 Forums

housing

Guest thisistakingtoolong

Hey everyone. I just thought i'd get on here to see if anyone is still looking for a place to live. Im going in the first year uofs class and still need a room mate. I found a pretty sweet place, its brand new, pretty big, rent is fair, nobody has lived in it before... so if anyone is still looking or knows of anyone, u can get back to me. I have friends that are in the same med class, and it seems that living with someone in your class makes life a lot easier. Otherwise i'll see u all in a couple of weeks. Take Care.

PS. Anyone who is planning on living in rez, im just gonna quickly tell u that its a bad idea... i've lived there for a while before, and its only gotten worse every year... and the fees just went up 18% for no reason... so try to avoid it if u can. I hope that helps some people... even if u've paid your deposit, u'd be better to go elsewhere.

Guest ilikeblue

hiya

actually I have my own apartment (across the street from campus *huzzah for laziness!*) but I have a friend in dentistry who is looking for a place (guy) and also a pre-med female friend looking for a place close to campus. So..where are u located exactly? and does your new roomie have to be in med?

Hey, ... in regards to that last post, i really dont care what college the person is in... i just thought in posting on here i would mention the whole med thing... but really, no big deal at all and im sure almost anyone would be welcome.

Sorry about not mentioning the location, didnt really think of that. But to be honest, its not incredibly close to the university... its actually in Briarwood. Like i said, its a brand new condo... 2 bathrooms, 2 large bedrooms (bigger that what u would typically find in a place closer to the university), very nicely furnished, all appliances are brand new, in fact it was actually a showhome before. It also has a grocery store about 5 seconds away which is always a plus.

For my purposes, i plan on driving to school, so its not far in that regard.. and there is bus service... i just suppose driving makes things easier. Either way, its a lot nicer than what u would typically find a student living in, so if they want to be gauranteed a nice, clean, private and large place (1200 sq ft. for 2 people), then im sure this would be a fit. And i dont have any gender preference for roommates... just an easygoing person. Sorry for the rambling... hope thats enough.

Guest ilikeblue

hiya

sorry i think my friends are kinda lazy like me and would rather find something really really close to school---but if you are in saskatoon right now you might want to place an ad at the uofs help center for the housing registry www.ussudb.usask.ca/housing/map.html

I used it to find people to rent out my apartment over the summer and I got a lot of responses for it.

Archived