Premed 101 Forums

Admission Results 2005

Guest not rex morgan

Guest Jazzey

I'm an out of province student in graduate studies. My GPA was: last 60 ~ 3.75 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (11)

Verbal: (10)

Biological Sciences: (9)

Written Sample: ®

I was accepted by UBC. This is my first time applying to this school.

I'm an Alberta resident and just graduated from UBC with a BSc in pharmacology. My GPA was ~ 88% overall and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 11

Verbal: 9

Biological Sciences: 12

Written Sample: T

I was just accepted into UBC medicine.

Guest Elektra

I'm a BC resident. I graduated from UBC one year ago. My GPA was 3.7 (overall) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 8

Verbal: 8

Biological Sciences: 10

Written Sample: S

I was rejected by UBC. This is my second time applying to this school. I was waitlisted last year but not this year unfortunately. I have been involved in student government and executive positions on campus. I spent a month volunteering in a rural hospital last year in a developing country. I have local and diverse volunteer experiences in both medical and non-medical related fields that add up to 20+ hours a week for the past 6 years. I am also an Operations Supervisor at a company I have worked for for seven years now.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UBC as my first choice.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thank you to those that have completed this form to help us understand the reasons we weren't accepted. Could you please discuss your extracurricular experiences more and give us some details about your successful interviews - questions, what you did to prepare, proper manner for answering?

Thank you

Guest TKP 123

Hi Elektra,

Your EC experience seems pretty good. I also think that your MCAT is sufficient.

How about your interview? How do you feel about it?

One other thing that I keep bringing up is your reference letter. Do you feel that your referees are good enough to comment on you? If so, do you think they will comment you positively?

TKP.

Guest geckok

Hi,

I was offered a seat at UBC (class 2009). I am finishing my last COOP for my BSc in Biology (Molecular/Micro.) from UVIC. I also have an associate of science degree from Camosun College in Chemistry(Biochem). If you combine all 4 of my years, I have about an A average (Maybe a high A-). My MCAT scores were:Verbal 8 Physical Sci 7 and Bio 10. I only wrote them once and I was working full time with lots overtime (had to get a paper out before the competition did) so not a lot of time to study. If I had to do it all over again I would have written them after my second year when everything was fresh.

I have (and presently am) working for the Special Pathogens department at the National Microbiology Lab in Winnipeg. I helped with the SARS diagnostic work during the big outbreak which gave me a big boost to continue with MD rather than PhD. Presently, I am working on the Angola Marburg Outbreak Samples. I have one co-first-authour Virology Paper. I also worked for a year in a Microbiology research Lab at UVIC. I hope to possibly get one or two more papers from the work I have done and am doing.

I co-own a not-for-profit Martial Arts school that focuses on personal and community development. I used to be a very active martial arts competitor, but now due to the time the school takes, I mostly Judge and coach. Through competing, I have had several opportunities to compete at International Events (not the money/injury free status :| ) . I have volunteered at many sporting events including the Commonwealth Games.

I used to train and ride horses and have suffered many injuries due to them. I grew up in a rural part of the Peninsula of Vancouver Island and loved every minute of it. (Aka I am a country kid at heart).

The best advice I can give is do what you love and fight for what you believe in.

Sandy

Guest nathiam

I'm a BC resident who just completed combined Biology/Psychology B.Sc. at UVic. My academic average was about 92% and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 10

Verbal: 9

Biological Sciences: 11

Written Sample: Q

I was Accepted into the IMP by UBC. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UBC Med School as my first choice.

Archived