Premed 101 Forums

questions for zipzappy

Guest malkastate

Guest malkastate

Hi Zipzappy,

I'd like to do my prereqs at ryerson. Which courses are you taking? And have you confirmed with the medical schools that you're applying to that the Ryerson courses count. I'm nervous because I just talked to someone from con't ed. who said that the intro bio course, cplg 143, which is once/week for 3 hours with a lab every other week of 1.5 hours from Sept-Dec, counts as a full year course-this doesn't seem correct to me.

I'm scared that when I apply to schools that need a full year bio course-they're going to say-too bad for you-your course is only considered a half credit here.

If you could share your expereinces with em that would be great. Thank you.

Guest zipzappy

Hey there malkastate,

Sorry for not replying earlier, haven't been to the bored for some days.

I did BIO 143 and 144, both of which I believe are 2 credits (full years). I also did the full year anatomy and physiology course, so I guess I'm alright for Biology requisites. I would suggest speaking with the school that you are interested in, or doing at least 143 and 144, as I believe that they are one full course during day school.

I have also taken Gen Chem and Org Chem courses -are you planning on taking these?

Let me know if you find out otherwise.

Zp

Guest malkastate

Hi Zipzappy,

Thanks for your info. I meant to write sooner but I'm up to my eyeballs in papers (ack!).

I signed up for Ryerson's anatomy/physio course. It counts as a full year course and I'm hoping to use it as one of my 2 life sciences for U of T. Did you enjoy the course/professor?

I'm going to save Bio 1 and Bio 2 for the fall/winter semester, same with Chem 1 and 2. Hopefully I can do them both while working full time. How did you find those courses?

If by off chance you want to sell some of your books-I'd be interested in maybe purchasing some.

Cheers.

PS-have you done the MCAT yet?

Guest zipzappy

Hey Malka,

I loved the anatomy/ physio course, it was taught by this lady called Charlotte Youngson and she was by far one of the best profs I have had so far -so good job with course selection!

I will be keeping my books, as I will probably need them as I prepare for the MCAT, but Ryerson has a pretty good used-books store, if you're interested. My only problem with Ryerson is that they don't have a full credit biochemistry course at night, which some universities require. Do you know of any school that offers biochemistry at night?

And I am yet to do the MCAT dance, so I guess we are both in the same boat.

You can PM me if you like, we can swap email addresses that way and I can give you more specific info if you got more questions :-)

Take care,

-Zp

Archived