Premed 101 Forums

parttime degree

Guest Regina063

Guest Regina063

Can anyone tell me if any other med schools in Ontario (other than McMaster) accept applications from students who have done their undergrad part-time?

Thanks.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

UofT will look at your degree just as they would a degree completed full-time, the only difference is that they will not allow any of your lowest course marks to be dropped--which they offer to students who have completed 5.0 courses per year.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest zipzappy

Hi Kirsteen,

I have a question regarding U of T's grade calculation. I have a full time degree, but did not take 5 full courses each semester. My overall gpa, however, is not competitive. If I now go back to school for 2 - 3 year full time studies with 5 courses each semester and assuming I do well, will U of T still take an overall gpa (including courses from my past degree), or will they apply the weighted formula to the most recent years with 5 courses/ semester?

Thanks,

-Zp

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

According to UofT's stated policy, they will remove the lowest course marks from the GPA calculation of only those students who have completed 5.0 courses per year--no matter how many years have been completed. If, during your undergraduate career, less than 5.0 courses were completed in any given year then marks removal shall not be done. That being said, if you have any extenuating circumstances that might warrant special consideration in this process, why not send a letter into UofT to request this? They have been known to have granted special consideration in the past.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived