Premed 101 Forums

Dr. Herbert Rosengarten

Guest mika1616

Guest Pucca81

I was interviewed by Dr. Rosengarten. He was VERY friendly and never once challenged me or asked tough questions. He lets you sort of "lead" the interview because what you bring up during the interview, you will get to talk about it as long as you want. He writes alot (which is good, I guess) and smiles the whole time.

Good luck~

Guest shrimp

I also had him last year. But I had quite a different experience. He challenged on my ethical standpoints. Maybe he has different approaches on different candidates. But I agree that he is a friendly prof.

So Pucca 81, did you get in last time?

Guest Pucca81

Hi, Shrimp. This is my first time applying actually. I think it was difficult for Dr. Rosengarten to challenge me because what we talked about during the interview was not really "ethics" based. We talked about Christianity, international development, and women's rights the whole time... pretty strange, huh? He was just so busy writing everything down... so maybe he was too tired to challenge me? hehe :P My friend and I both had him as an interviewer and we agree that he is a very sweet man who lets you control the interview (e.g. you can sort of "lead" the interview into a topic that you are interested in). My friend was challenged on an ethics question, though. I got the impression that he *really* wants to find out if you are a nice/honest/caring person or not rather than whether you are a super intelligent critical thinker... Best Wishes ;)

Guest Pucca81

Hi. He didn't ask me "specific" current event questions but, do prepare anyways. As you may already know, he used to be an English professor thus, he's one of the few non-physician interviewers. He probably won't ask you questions that some "doctors" may ask, such as "What are the different types of human cloning and tell me pros & cons of each method." Instead, he may ask more non-medicine/science related questions. In terms of current events, try to know a couple of big things happening internationally (war on Iraq, hostile situation with North Korea), nationally (Romanow report and other health care issues), and locally (safe injection sites? private clinics coming to Vancouver?). Here are some good websites: www.ctv.ca/generic/genera...ealth.html

www.cma.ca/cma/common/start.do?lang=2

www.bcma.ca/ www.canada.com/vancouver/vancouversun/

Also, just visit CNN or other news related website.

BUT! don't worry, honestly! He's too nice for you to freeze during the interview. Know your essay well, okay?

Good luck! ;)

Archived