Premed 101 Forums

Job Action

Guest exhumedcorpse33

Guest exhumedcorpse33

I'm currently attending school in Ontario and have an interview at UBC next week. I was recently informed of the current job action at UBC. I was curious as to whether or not I would have to cross picket lines to attend my interviews?

Guest happenstance

You probably won't have to cross the picket lines, unless they start a campus wide strike next week. But they shouldn't stop you from crossing the picket lines anyway.

Guest Bruno11

It really depends on where your interviews are.. Many of the interviews take place off campus at the physicians office. However, if you do have to come to campus it is unlikely that you will even see the strike unless there is an increase in job action. right now they are picketing selected building on campus. have a look at the UBC med website, the say

"IF THERE IS STRIKE ACTION, and students qualified for interviews do not wish to cross a picket line in order to attend an interview at a university location effected by a strike, please notify the admissions office immediately for re-scheduling."

so even if there is a campus wide strike it is up to you whether you want to cross the picket line or not..

Archived