Premed 101 Forums

admission breakdown

Guest ssup

Hey guys,

From a few of the posts that ppl have put on here, it seems like the detailed breakdown for admission is:

50 for pre-interview out of which

a) 25 marks is based on your Non-academic score, which is calculated as follows:

1. Leadership

2. Service ethic

3. Capacity to work with others

4. Diversity of experience

5. High level of performance

Each of which is worth 5 marks for a total of 25 marks.

B) 25 marks is based on your Academic marks which is calculated as follows:

-12.5 for overall GPA

-12.5 for last 60 credits

The remainder of the 50 marks is from your two interviews.

Based on this mark out of 100, they will begin with the highest ranking students and work their way down. Each student's case is presented to the adcom and if you receive 75% of votes (15 out of the 20 votes), you're in.

So did I get it right guys or are we still missing something?

Guest Koggetsu

So the 25 marks for Non-academic scores are broken down into those 5 factors rather than being marked as

1) reference letters

2) essay

3) activities

Also, what is the average Non-academic score of the people who got interviewed or accepted

Guest BCgirl

hey,

UBC includes a stats sheet with post-interview rejection letters. Last year, I think the average non-academic score was around 16/25 for the interviewed people and the accepted score was only slightly higher.

Guest Koggetsu

I just got my rejection letter today, and it doesn't say what the avg was. it said that the median for combined score was 33/50 and for out-of province people u need a 40/50

Guest notamedic

Hey ssup,

Are you positive about the academic grade breakdown of 12.5 and 12.5 for overall average and extra curricular average?

thanks.........

notamedic

Guest dublintrenchtown

Hey,

I'm pretty sure the breakdown works like this. GPA is worth 15 of the points. L60 is worth 10. Anyhow, hope this clears things up.

Dublin

hey guys,

I'm not 100% sure of the breakdown...I was just pooling information that had been posted by other ppl in different threads...

Soapyslicer posted the 12.5/12.5 breakdown and he mentioned that this was told to him by Dr.Frinton. However, your 10/15 breakdown is just as likely. Where did u hear it from?

Ssup

Guest soapyslicer

Hi,

I was told 12.5 and 12.5 by Dr frinton but it would make sense to be 15 and 10 as that would make your overall heavier weighted.

PS I'm a she

soapy

Archived