Premed 101 Forums

Nucks all the way!

Guest Climbing

Guest Climbing

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to get a new thread going while we wait. I am currently in Kingston (land of the leafs/laughs) and am really enjoying the canucks road to the cup. I was there in 1994, even lucky enough to go to a game. I can't believe I am missing all the fun :(

T.

Guest bearman14

Hey Climbing,

Just thought I'd add to your thread -- I've been with the Boys in Black, Orange and Gold (I'll never accept the Orca uniforms) since '82 when Steamer, King Richard and the rest of the crew were hammered by the Isle's. After suffering through the bleak 80's, and the unfufilled promise of the 90's, it's great to spend a Spring cheering for such a great team again!!! They seem to have gotten over the "Never-met-a-lead-we-couldn't-lose" mentality, and shown us some true grit vs. Minnesota. I was pretty close to massive cardiac failure in the St. Louis series, but I think they've got their sea-legs (so to speak) now, and are primed for another cup run!!!!

And though there are some truly great players on this current team, has there ever been a truer Canuck than Trevor Linden? Ultimate team player, as far as I'm concerned...

Bearman

Guest Climbing

Bearman,

Hey this thread could be the ultimate distraction :D I have been a canucklehead since 88 when I immigrated to Canada. I lived through the heartbreak of 89 when Neiwendike (sp?) kicked the puck in game 7. I remember Tony Tanti, Stan Smyl and Petri Skriko and then Sergio Mommeso, Joe Sandlak and Krutov (remember him?). And then that fine year in 94 with Trev, Cliff and Russ Courtnal (they called that line the life line). I think this team could have had better times if it were not for Keenan.

I agree with you, Trevor is Mr. Canuck and I hope he retires as a Canuck. As with you, I had a few angina attacks, not to mention insomnia, watching the blues series but they pulled it off :o But they sure look more confident now than any other team of the past. I really think this is the year, and I am hoping for an all canadian final (Bettman can then have his own coronary). This is also so that I can try to see another game live :D

cheers

Wild times are over!

Guest Oz10

Hey, I'm another Canuck fan and Vancouver native stuck here in Kingston cheering them on. I feel stupid screaming at my t.v. when they score! My neighbors must think i'm nuts!

Guest bearman14

I'd like to see an all-Canadian final as well, but Jersey seems to be playing too well right now.

'94 was a great year (riots aside). I personally think that the Keenan-Messier fiasco was what crippled this team through the late 90's, when they had so much promise. I've been in Calgary for the last 9 years (when's the last time the Flamer's were in the playoffs!?!), and went to a few games here where Linden was the only guy who showed up night after night and left his heart on the ice. Broke my heart when the Mess ran him out of town...

Oz10 -- I know what you mean about yelling at the TV. My wife hesitates to watch the games with me, as she says I'm "too tense" and yell too much. Nonetheless, I'm thinking that I've managed to convert her, and she's fast becoming a true Canucklehead.

Climbing -- you brought back some fond memories with those players you mentioned -- except Momesso!!! Remember when Gino Odgick went ballistic in the series against St. Louis, and tried to rip Glen Anderson's head off, then challenged the entire team? Ahhhhh.... good times....

Keep those towels a-wavin'!!!!!

Bearman

Guest not rex morgan

Oh, and who can forget evil Messier and his vendetta against Trev. Kicking him in the face and driving his head into the boards.

I look at the Canucks runs at series as a metaphor for my school work. Come at it in a major deficit and somehow manage to pull it off in the end...I hope. Hey if I promise to cross my fingers for you guys to get in, can you promise to cross your fingers for me to pass this upcoming set of exams?:eek

PS. Soapy, I am studying. I'm just taking break from cranial nerve paths. All the "p" words are starting to sound the same.

Guest MavERICk319

brings tears to my eyes...

if i had to get an authentic game ready jersey (with the name and numbers stitched on - not the silk screen) it would no doubt be Linden jersey... nothing says Canucks like T. Linden;

and oh man...when we watch good playoff action, you can bet there will be sore throats by the end of the night...

:lol

Guest bearman14

Canucks 4 - Wild 2

Box Score:

Naslund: 2 goals, 1 assist

Morrison: 2 assists

Bertuzzi: 1 assist, 16 pim

Linden: 1 goal, 1 assist, unquestioned leadership

Cooke: 1 goal (sh)

Sopel: 22 min, 1 bad hair-do

Ronning: 2 assists (hey, you gotta still like the guy...)

Guest Ollie

I believe that it was Joel Otto who kicked in that goal in '89. Either was, still painful. Remember Smyl's breakaway in OT??? Was it Russ or Geoff Courtnall who was part of the "life line"?

What a painful game that was last night!! They will win game 6 for sure. We can't have a Minnesota/Anaheim Western final!

Guest Climbing

What a shocker of a game eh?

Actually, I was not shocked at the result but didn't expect the score to be so lopsided. After all, it would be difficult to beat Minnesota 4 straight.

My towel and flag are still flying high....can't wait for another longer night tomorrow. Any predictions?

Canucks 3 Wild 1

Cheers

Guest Climbing

Well, that was a tough loss to swallow.....

But why mess with the 10 year tradition (84, 94, 04) :\

Cheers

Guest bearman14

I hear ya, Climbing. Once Dupuis knocked that fluke puck out of mid-air into the net, I knew this one was over. When the other team scores goals like that, things aren't going in your favor.

Go Sens, I guess... Oh who am I kidding -- who cares anymore!

Archived