Premed 101 Forums

Biological Sciences at UBC

Guest EMHC

Guest canstowski

hey physiology.........really, there is a rivalry between the two programs? thats news to me haha....maybe i'm too dumb to sense such a rivalry. As for the two ppl u mentioned, i have no clue....

All i have to say is 3rd year pharmacology is much tougher than 3rd year physiology. :P

Guest physiology

Hello Canstowski,

Well...I'm not doing honors pharmacology (so I'm not spending 10 hours + on that PHYL 303 lab per week!)

I heard that lab is a killer! I know it's super interesting though. Didn't you get to dissect some human brain on Halloween last year.

Guest canstowski

Yea, the phyl 303 lab can be a pain mostly because of the lab reports that we have to hand in every week! It just drains you whole week!!

We didn't really dissect human brains. They were already dissected and we were just looking at their features :P

If you think 3rd year physiology lab is interesting, you should see 4th year's physiology lab. It was fun performing surgeries on guinea pigs ;)

Guest physiology

hey Canstowski,

So are you in 4th year physiology? Or have you already graduated?

Pharmacology is similar - we get to work with guinea pigs too, but we probably drug em up and anethesitize them or something.

Archived