Premed 101 Forums

Honours Programmes

Guest mitchie41

Guest soapyslicer

Hi,

I am not sure when/if there was an Anatomy undergrad. There really is only two courses offerred to the undergrads - anat390/391.

Having said that, part of the problem is that all of the Fac of Med departments is looking at bringing all the dept's under it under one when they move to the new building. For example Anatomy, Biochem, and Physiology. I don't know the skinny for sure but I do know that much of the admin staff will be paired down to just one set for everyone within the new building rather that one set for each dept as it is now.

I think there is much speculation regarding how many labs and how many courses are going to be offerred. I know the department of anatomy changed it's name this year to the dept of anatomy and cell biology. I think it is a sign of things to come. Most of these dept's could be categorized into the dept of cell biology or the dept of basic sciences. At this point there are few in the know. I am not sure what this will do to how people are categorized on degree status. Will it be a BSc. in basic sciences or physiology or biochem? In the end the courses within these different areas may survive simply because the dept's are more streamline.

soapy

Guest canstowski

as of now, the physiology, biochemistry and pharmacology undergrads, under the faculty of medicine, are still catergorized as Bachelor of Science. I don't see why this would change. :\

Guest physiology

Perhaps the life sciences that include PHYL, PCTH, and BIOC will conglomerate into one big Life Sciences program, such as the one found at Queens?

Guest canstowski

i really doubt that would happen. Besides, there are so many other programs you have to consider if you have such a "life science program". What about microbiology? laboratory medicine (or pathology, in another words), etc....

Archived