4th year schedule

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi, I was wondering if anyone at UBC could tell me

1.when 4th year actually ends,

2. when the exams start/end,

3. when’s graduation,

4. when does residency start

5.        whether or not we have a break between the end of 4th year and the start of residency.

Thanks!

Guest Ian Wong

Moving to the UBC forum out of the Med Students forum...

Your fourth year of UBC will undoubtedly be different than mine; the curriculum is still evolving, particularly the fourth year.

Currently, we have 4 months of electives/selectives from Sept-Dec. CaRMS applications are now due in December and this is a new change for this year across Canada.

From January to the end of March, we are doing a review of basic and clinical sciences outside of the hospital. You may be able to opt out of some of these classes if you are pursuing a research project. The entire month of April is dedicated towards a final medical school elective; many people in the class plan on doing international electives here as a break from Canadian medicine. The LMCC exams and graduation all happen in the first 2 weeks of May or thereabouts. Residency doesn't start until the beginning of July, leaving potentially 6 weeks break time, in addition to the 4 weeks of electives, which you can do anywhere, such as Hawaii, Europe, Asia, Africa, etc, so you could actually net about 10 weeks of "vacation" time.

Rest assured that if you are starting UBC medicine this fall, or in the current first year class, that Med 4 will probably be different by the time you encounter it.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Archived