Premed 101 Forums

do they adjust the score of interview accordingly?

Guest Dave

Do they adjust the score accordingly depending on the ease of the interview?

e.g. some people have harder interview because of the interviewer. Will that go into consideration?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kirsteen

Hi jennifer y,

Could you explain what your post means a wee bit re: there being one hard interviewer? Do you mean to say that, among all the UBC interviewers, there is a renowned doozy of an interviewer in there--well known to all within that fold?

As to interviewer ratings, I don't know whether or not a bit of a bonus is given to interviewees who have had a notoriously "challenging" interviewer. However, I did get the impression that some interviewers had some opinions on who may be tougher interviewers. This came about as my interviewers did ask who else was interviewing me, and upon telling them, I received some opinions in return as to which of those interviewers were real toughies--a tad unnerving to begin with!

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest jennifer Y

Know of a person who had an interviewer known to be very hard (just look at the forum re who are your interviewers); however the interviewer was quite ok for my friend; and yes the scores from the interviewers are pro-rated according to how "challenging" your interviewer is; this information was provided by the "hard" interviewer to my friend.

Archived