Premed 101 Forums

how many UBC hopefulls applied to Ireland.

Guest Jimbo

Guest Jimbo

Curious how many of the 800 odd applicants also applied through Atlantic Bridge as a back up to UBC medical school, and your thoughts on going.

Guest Suggestions

I think that depends on where you want to practice after your medical school. In England, you earn something called MBB degree instead of MD... Anyway, if you are sure that you will be happy to live in Europe for the next 10 years, then apply. It may be a little bit of a problem coming back to canada to practice after you have graduated with your medical degree in foreign places (outside North America).

Correct me if I am wrong.

Guest bc guy

knew someone who actually did apply to Ireland and got accepted and is going there. He was rejected all over North America....he was 16 at that time and his father is a doctor........

Guest not rex morgan

There is one guy in our class who actually went to med school in Ireland for a year, applied to UBC and got in here...had to start at year one of course. One girl in the class went to med school in Australia for a year as well, before getting into med here.

Guest bc guy

hear someone applied 3x and got in finally; each time he was rejected he went to the Phillipines and did more and more doctor-like things until he was practically assisting operations and doing trauma treatments; think 3rd world countries do not how much you do not know or not really care and thus can gain lot of on-hands experiences, but having said that, it still took this person 3x even though he went to the Phillipines during the summer before the first time he applied, therefore do not think that one needs international volunteer experience, can do just as well in own country, but would help I guess if the rest of the personal stats are not absolute top notch

Archived