Premed 101 Forums

Application Acknowledgement

Guest BCgirl

The UBC website says that they will acknowledge applications on or before Oct. 15th. Has anyone received a letter from UBC yet? (I'm assuming they mail acknowledgement letters to us)

--Only a bit longer before we get our MCAT scores! :eek

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I spoke with the MD/PhD folks today and they mentioned that the acknowledgment letters should go out soon. No specifics though.

Good luck,

Kirsteen

Guest Monitor

Hi there,

Can someone ask for me whether the UBC office allows MCAT results to arrive later than Nov 1st, considering the postage interruption from U.S. after 911 incident?

I have asked the office but they have no comment and ask me to call later...

Kristeen, maybe u can help me here.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I don't know about the arrival of the MCAT marks and UBC's deadline. I didn't ask them about it while on the phone with them the other day. I will if I call them in the next wee while and will let you know, if someone else doesn't in the interim.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi Monitor,

I just got off the phone (and fax) with the UBC Admissions Office. Here's the scoop regarding tardy MCAT results: if you did not request at the time of MCAT writing (August 2001) to have your scores automatically forwarded to UBC, then you would have had to complete and submit an Additional Score Report (ASR) to AMCAS to have your scores forwarded. If you have done this (and it must be submitted prior to tomorrow), then you must forward a copy of this ASR by fax to the Admissions Office today (I just did this now).

Also, the Admissions Office recommended that, if you have your score report received from AMCAS last month for the Aug. 2001 writing, that you include this in the fax. (I didn't have mine handy, but noted the scores on the fax sheet, anyway, which they said would be fine.)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Hi Kirsteen,

Thank you so much for the update! Would it be possible for you to post the fax number for the admissions office? I cannot find it on the website.

Also, do you think it is okay for me to just fax my ASR form to them or should I call them first to let them know that I will be faxing the form?

Thanks!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi k,

I'm sorry for the delay, but I just picked up your message now. If I were you I would call the office tomorrow and let them know what you are doing. The fax number for this purpose is (604) 822-6061.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Thank you very much Kirsteen!

Unfortunately, I will not have access to a fax machine during the daytime tomorrow (I've got class all day long). So, I will have to fax my forms tonight and then either e-mail them or call them in between classes. I hate using the pay phone, though, because there are always people around the phone booth.

It is funny how it is taking the AMCAS people so long to forward our MCAT scores to schools, though. I called the person in charge of the ASR requests last Thursday and she informed me that they are mailing scores out via FedEx since FedEx has not been experiencing any problems with mail delivery. Hopefully UBC will get our scores soon!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Well it seems that the UBC Admissions Office is actively looking through the applications now. Ooooh, scaaary stuff. I just received an e-mail acknowledgement regarding my application which queried a couple of documents (related to a program taken in France years ago and Aug. 2001 MCAT scores).

The fine-toothed comb is being applied!

Good luck,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi all,

For those that were interested, I received the paper form of my application acknowledgment today (postmarked Nov. 2), so I imagine the others should be flying about too.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Hey guys. I just have a quick question for those of you that got your acknowledgement letters. I got mine today. Does yours say anywhere that your application is complete? Mine doesn't, but all the boxes are checked off and everything (Transcripts, references, MCAT scores). I know that I sent everything, but I just want to be sure.

Thanks guys and good luck! :)

Guest not rex morgan

Sounds like you're ok. I didn't get my acknowledgement this year, obviously as I am in med school this year, but I have three under my belt. I sweated the first two. The last one (and as it turns out, the effictive one) was incomplete. They will contact you explicitly saying that you are missing...blah. In my case, I was out of the country and one of my references wasn't in. They said they'd give me a week, and I wrote them back saying I'd try but no promises. They were very reasonable. It did get in on time, but they said they would have understood if it was still a little more late. The moral of the story is: stop worrying about the application. Read the paper. Do some moral thinking. Pull up the BCMA and Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons webpages. Start preparing for your interviews so you don't even have to worry for them. Good luck.

Archived