Premed 101 Forums

Deadline extension...

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi guys,

Just wondering, given some of the related questions here, if UBC will repeat what they did last year and extend the application deadline this year? Does anyone have any information as to why that action was taken last year?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

I don't know why the deadline was extended last year, but when I emailed the admissions office about the deadline the reply was that the Oct 1st deadline was "firm" and to use a courier. So, I'm pretty sure there won't be an extension.

I believe the deadline was extended last year because that was the first year applications were due so early. In previous years the deadline was in early November. (If I remember properly!)

Guest not rex morgan

I was out of the country so I got mine in in August last year. However, the impression I got was that they didn't have a sufficient applicant pool to choose from. In other words, they like to have alot of choice. The application deadline was clear as day when you picked up the package, but from what I understand, they had people coming to pick up a package after the October deadline. I really doubt they'd extend it again, but if for some reason they have only 400 applicants, they could do more recruiting. Considering the undiluted vigor of premeds, however, I doubt this late application mess up will happen again.

Archived