Premed 101 Forums

packages

Guest ubcr05

Guest ubcr05

I wanted to know if there was anything important in the orientation packages. I'm vacationing soI'm not in BC to see what's included... could some one post what's inside?

Guest derelik

No problem. It's a pretty big package......

- orientation week schedule - BBQ at Jericho, buddy luncheon, wine and cheese

- fee payment schedule (of course!!!)

- profile - we each have to submit a 450 character autobiography by August 20th

- info. re. immunizations, Netinfo e-mail account, MEDICOL, insurance, and other minor things

- CPR certification course sign up form - it's on Sept 9th

- timetable and course descriptions, as well as, required and recommended textbooks

- equipment info - microscope, diagnostic sets (there's an equipment night on Aug. 29th)

- info. re. elections for Med class positions

- and, finally, info about the weekend in Strathcona Park on Aug 31 - Sept 2 for incoming med/dent students. Sounds fun - climbing, hiking, canoeing, etc. A $100 cheque must be mailed to the Dean's Office by Aug 10th. (Total cost is $150-200)

Need any further information, let me know.

Guest Ian Wong

The most important thing to get done right after registration and payment is probably your Netinfo account. Having this account means that you won't be missing any general announcements to your class; UBC med internally is VERY reliant on e-mail to communicate with the class. Also, once you have your account, and then are logged in to the UBC listserv, you can start eavesdropping in on our emails, and just in the past couple of days, there's been some moving out notices and furniture sales. Handy stuff if you're moving in this year.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Archived