Premed 101 Forums

*Interview dates for UBC

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Dave-UG4

Date:***12/25/2000 1:38 pm*PST

I talked to one of my buddy who applied to UBC w/ me... HE ALREADY GOT A PHONE CALL BACK FOR AN INTERVIEW!!! Now I'm not even going to enjoy my holidays... j/k.

But seriously, I thought I had very similar qualifications compared to this friend of mine. Does UBC give out interviews in a certain order?? (ie. best applicants first...) When do most people receive their interview date? I'm starting to get worried...

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Jase

Date:***12/25/2000 5:24 pm*PST

Wow.. congradulations to your friend

When did he receive this phone call? I thought they gave out interviews in envelopes. I am curious, and, admittedly, quite nervous too now... :)

Happy Holidays everyone!

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Ian Wong, MS2

Date:***12/28/2000 2:12 pm*PST

Heya,

I wouldn't worry about it. UBC doesn't send out all the interview invitations at the same time. Therefore, it could just be luck of the draw that your friend's application was processed first and "put through the pipe" so to speak. Alternately, like every other admissions committee, UBC is swamped at this time of the year. Perhaps your friend had sent in his application at an earlier date, and had his materials read through earlier.

Bottom line, I know some of the people in the admissions committee (and no, I'm not one of them), and they are still reading essays and reference letters at this time. Therefore, just hang in there. You're going to learn to recognise your mailman on sight in the next 6 months or so.

Ian

Can, MS2

Archived