Premed 101 Forums

Orientation

Guest Lancet

Guest Lancet

Can anyone help me?

At the wine and cheese event put on by the first-year med class that there was a slide show. I can't remember for sure, but I think there were pictures of students at some sort of outdoor retreat. Is there some sort of "get to know each other" retreat and if so when does it happen?

Guest Ian Wong

Traditionally, the Med 2 class arranges Orientation for the incoming class. The weekend retreat that the Class of 2004 went on was the brainchild of a couple of my classmates, in that it hadn't been done before.

I can't honestly say whether a similar event will occur this year (it's no longer my class's responsibility to arrange Orientation), and the event was less well attended by folks who were still trying to get settled in Vancouver, or who maybe have kids or a spouse.

As a result, that's up in the air, but if you haven't heard about it yet, chances are decent that it won't be happening. However, I'm sure the Med 2 class has lots of other ideas happening both during the day, and at night (they're a pretty creative and energetic class), and without doubt, Orientation will be a low-stress, high enjoyment time for all. It'll definitely be an adjustment for everyone, simply because of the number of new faces, and piles of paper and speeches you'll be barraged with, but you'll all get through it and have some fun simultaneously.

Finally, Lancet, don't know if I've asked you yet, but I've got a project that I can definitely use your help. Please e-mail me when convenient. mdpremie@yahoo.com

Archived