Premed 101 Forums

Roomie Wanted :)

Guest tigerlily

Guest tigerlily

So, most of you are probably on the SABB-10 list, so you've already seen this. But *just in case* you're not, this is what I emailed in earlier:

Hey folks,

I found a 2 bedroom suite near VGH and am hoping to share it with one of you! It is located at Birch and 11th Ave and has 2 bathrooms, 2 underground secured parking spots, ensuite laundry, and a gas fireplace. Rent is $1800 total and includes gas and hot water. Hydro, internet, phone etc. will be extra. The building is only 4 years old, and I have interior photos I can send you if you're interested. Apparently there is a free shuttle that leaves VGH twice an hour and goes directly to UBC; it is also only a couple of blocks away from Broadway St. There is a one year lease, but we do have the option to sublet if we don't want to stick around next summer. Move-in is August 1st, though I'm coming from the Island and probably won't be around much until close the end of the month.

A little about me: I'm 23, female, Christian, laid-back, like to think I'm funny :) , love hiking and other outdoorsy pursuits, would love to have someone to go to the gym with (there's a Fitness World at City Square), clean and tidy for the most part, especially kitchen and bathroom (in fact, can be a little anal about dishes!) but my room can get pretty messy. To give you an idea of my personality, I think Napoleon Dynamite and Zoolander are hilarious, and I almost always go for an action movie over a chick-flick, though every once in a while can be convinced to go for something girly. I don't smoke and won't live with anyone who does (did that for 3 years... never again!). I drink occasionally and am fine with having alcohol in the house. I've lived with roommates for the past 6 years so a) I have a lot of stuff (ie, furniture, kitchen stuff, etc - in fact, I could probably at least partially furnish your room if you want) and B) I'm good at living with lots of different types of people.

Alright... if you've read this far and are still interested, drop me an email and I can answer any questions you have!

Hope to hear from you :)

~Sarah~

Guest jammyjams

Hi Sarah,

I'm actually just wondering how you subscribe to that SABB-10 email list (although you sound like a great roomate!)

Good luck with the roomate hunt.

Guest dr nomis

You can become a recepient of all the e-mails posted to the SABB-10 Bulletin Board by e-mailing Victoria Lambert (victoria.lambert@ubc.ca) and asking to be added.

If you do, though, please promise me NOW that once you're added you'll read the directions carefully, and not misuse the "reply" button!! :b too many people do that and an e-mail meant for one person goes to EVERYONE on the bboard.

Guest leviathan

I would consider your offer, but I am already working for and living on UBC housing this year. Too bad! When I'm not busy being really, really ridiculously good looking, we could have gone for orange mocha frappucinos. :hat

Guest tigerlily

ohhhhh snap! my loss.

How're things now that you're into the busy season? I don't think I'm going to make it over for the airshow, sadly. We'll see though! You never know...

Guest leviathan

I've only been out to one event because my work conflicts with my volunteering, and that event was a boring divisional one. Still, you gotta do 'em because it's what funds our operations and keeps us open. I'm really busy with stuff as superintendent though, and that has kept me occupied when not at work. I probably won't be going to the Airshow, either. My work conflicts with all but one day, and the only day I could make it I would just be getting off a graveyard shift and wanting to go to sleep. :P

Hey, you should transfer over to our division in September if school isn't too busy for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived