Premed 101 Forums

Registration package

Guest shetland23

Guest Persistent

Yeah Shet I hope they do...but I have a feeling we might end up having to do it ourselves since there are a lot of PBL sections. Reminds me of signing up for labs in undergrad and hoping that the section I pick has a nice TA and good bunch of students. :P

I guess we'll have to wait until the registration package arrives. At least we don't have to worry about registering at 7am on the opening date in order to get the classes we want ;)

I'm getting way too excited about school that I often find myself forgetting that this is the last *real* summer I'll get in a long time!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer.

Oh, do we have to take the CPR course before classes start?

Persistent.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shetland23

we have to schedule our own PBL? i didnt know that, I thought it was assigned. Anyone, or current UBC student know about this?

Hey P, I am also very excited to start. But at the moment I am working, becuz I didnt expect to have gotten in to med school (my friends informed me I had to apply a couple of times), so I undertook my current job, and I feel guilty that I would be leaving in Aug. Do you live in Vanc? I am in the process of buying furniture and getting rid of all the things I have accumulated. Please look at CPR I posted. Cheers

Guest thatuvicguy

Maybe you guys have it different. I remember I was not sure how to do the registration thing last year but once we got our package it explained that we pretty much just had to enter one "timetable code" and that took care of everything. We never had to choose PBL groups etc, they were all assigned. I suspect it's the same for you guys but I guess you'll find out with your package.

Cheers,

thatuvicguy

Guest AceUBC

yup - uvicguy is correct... you will only have to register one "timetable code" that will apply the entire md-10 standard timetable to your session. No individual registrations for lectures/PBL groups/labs etc.

sudoku - I'm with you on the HDI bugs - seems like everytime I learn a new bug I lose the stuff I learned on the last one....aaaagggggghhhhhhhhh! Can't wait till Wednesday!

Guest tigerlily

I can't access SSC... I went to the link above and entered my student number (that came on my acceptance letter) and password (from the help page... my date of birth YYMMDD). Is anyone else having a similar problem? Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

~TL~

Guest tigerlily

So apparently I mixed up a one and a zero on my student number :D All is well now. Doctors of tomorrow.... :rollin

~TL~

• 1 month later...
Guest dr nomis

From earlier on this topic...

they will be sending registration package in July

hmm I wonder when this will show up? I need to figure out what I'm going to do about those required immunizations.

Guest Persistent

Dr. Nomis,

Helena had mentioned they will be mailed out end of this week...hmm, so tomorrow I guess. So expect it sometime next week or the week following.

Can't wait to start digging up all those old immunization forms!:\

Persistent

Guest Adversary

Dr. Nomis, you're not the only one waiting for the package. My friend is also waiting for it. Do not worry too much about the immune review. Heck, i didn't even book an appointment till after school started. Of course, I ended up with an appointment 2 months away. Plus, it's even more important to Dental students since a positive Hep B test = bye-bye Dental School. It'll come....

Guest TKP 123

oh...

if you get in Dent school but tell them that you have had HepB since u were born, then does that mean u cant get in?

Guest yellow
if you get in Dent school but tell them that you have had HepB since u were born, then does that mean u cant get in?

That's what happened to my friend. :| In fact, I just got my blood test results today. Everything was fine. :)

Guest TKP 123

feel sorry for your friend.

hopefully they make clear in the application that if u are hep B +ve, you can't get in dent school.

how about hep C?

Guest Adversary

No, that's the thing. They never tell you till you get in, paid your fee and then receive the immunization package. Talk about "screw you".

No, Hep B is the big concern. There is no exclusion based on being Hep C positive nor HIV. I do not recall the details, but in the Ethics Block of DPAS, we did discuss it. I just cannot remember the reason. I recall that HIV transmission in the Dental office is very low whereas Hep B has a greater opportunity.

Guest shetland23

No I havent received it yet. I cant wait to get everything sorted out before I can go home and then away for a holiday... Please post if anyone has receieved it. Ta

Guest ziggystardust 2010

My friend phoned UBC med and apparently they did send the registration package on Friday so it should come this week. The person at UBC said the package was actually a book and could be found online when logging into the Medicol site. I couldn't find it anywhere on the website though...:\

Guest dr nomis

IT'S HERE!

Mine arrived today (I live in Vancouver so all you OOPs get another day or two, I'm guessing).

And the reading begins (though this is relatively nothing compared to, oh, a few months from now, I'm sure)...

Guest medsmurf

Oh I'm so jealous that you got your registration package today. I guess I'll have to wait just a couple more days for it to arrive in Alberta :\

Guest Buzzy5

For those who have not got their packages you can now access it on the MEDICOL webiste using your CWL login number

Enjoy...we have lots to look forward to!!!!

Buzzy5

Archived