Bellevue Towers

Almata

Seaside-In Kitsilano

Reid Manor-In Kitsilano

Where is everyone planning to live?

Jen

Guest shetland23

Hi Jenny

If you arrive before Aug 18 and if you need a lift from the airport, I'd be happy to give you one. I work 8 to 4pm Mon to Fri but I am sure I can work something out.

Cheers

J

Guest anfieldangel

Jen,

I live about a block away from the Almata, and although I can't say much about the building itself, I will say that the location is AMAZING! A matter of blocks from Jericho Beach (a great place to relax, run - whatever you're into). The commute to UBC is pretty easy - just a block away from two express buses along W 4th (44,84) which each take approx 7 minutes to get to campus, and a "slower" bus (4), which takes about 10 minutes. You're also close to W. Broadway (a busier bus route) but handy for either getting to UBC or VGH.

Just thought I'd share my two cents worth - I've lived in the 4th and Alma area for two years now, and couldn't be happier - although as long as you're coming to Vancouver, you can't go too far wrong!

Good luck with your search,

Susan

Guest sukhbinder

Previously on this forum I was Air Mufasa. EZboard keeps changing my name.

Hey Jenny,

I looked at some apartments online that were in West End Vancouver. I've hear very positive things about Kitsilano. I'm probably going to look into seaside-Kits.

Cheers

Guest shetland23

Hey

No I havent found a place yet. I am still in the process of applying for my student loans and line of credit, if I have enough money then I would like to rent out a one bedroom or studio near UBC.

I am currently living in False Creek, but I may not be able to afford to live there longer, if I dont work.

Let me know if I can help. Try looking at Craig List for places, or online newspaper.

Cheers

Guest sukhbinder

Hey Everyone,

This is similar to Jenny's first message. I would love to hear about the reputation of any of the following:

South Granville

Reid Manor-Kitsilano

Shaughnessy House

Skyline

Alexander Towers

Almata

Hollybourn Court

I was looking into Seaside Kitsilano, but the fares for a decent view are waaaaay to much. Looks like I might be going with a studio!

Thanks for your input,

Y

Having lived in Vancouver for a number of years...apartments are NOT the place to live. They are generally old and not that charming. You can rent suites in old character homes with lost of charm or in newer homes where the owners have built in a suite. Suites also tend to be cheaper. Check out AMSRentsline online, for lots of options.

Archived