Premed 101 Forums

dilemma

Guest tea

Guest physiology

Tea,

Med 1 classes don't start till the end of August, so I don't see how the French class would interfere with your medical studies at UBC?

Physio

Guest petiD

Hi Tea,

Are you from UBC? I have two registration dates. One for the BSc that I haven't finished and one for Med. My BSc date is June 20th.

AS far as the schedule goes, there's this link/courses.students.ubc.ca/...code=94335 . I haven't had time to check if it's really useful.

Is this common, taking other courses during med? I have one more semester to finish before getting a BSc... but one of the credits is a mandatory lab course... doubt I could fit that one in.

cheers,

p.

Guest ewon2003

Hey tea,

Why don't you register and take the french courses first, and then register for medicine after you've done the courses.

Like physio said, medicine doesn't start until end of august, and I am sure there are people in my class who didn't register until Sep because they went travelling.

Guest KatieKat

Hi Tea,

I'm quite sure you can register under your two eligibilities simultaneously. Just register for your French course under the "BA" eligibility now, and when registration for med opens register under your "MD" eligibility for the fall session. It actually makes things simpler this way, because if you took a French course under your MD elibigibility, I think you'd need to get special permission to transfer those credits back to BA or something really messy like that. And if something weird happens and you can't register for two eligibilites simultaneously, just call the Med office and ask them to fix it. But register for your french course now!

Archived