Premed 101 Forums

Calculation of Last 60 Credits Question

Guest Paulchemguy

Guest Paulchemguy

Let's say I apply in 4th year, so I'll be using my 2nd and 3rd year marks for my application. The UBC website says they will count backwards to get 60 credits. If I do that, one of my 2nd year courses won't be counted (becuz I have several courses with 4credits).

Someone told me that they will then take the highest average possible by not counting the lowest mark in my 2nd year. If it's strictly counting backwards, does that mean the lowest mark that can be excluded must come from Term1 Year2 and not Term2 Year2?

Another question I got is, approximately what stats can get you a 25/25 on the AQ score?

Many thanks in advance for all your insights. Any help appreciated!

Guest GundamDX

I think you're probably right about the term 2 but not term 1 thing... if it's truly "last 60" then the term 2 grades should be counted first.

As for AQ, what I've heard for the past year or so you need 85%+ (no rounding up I suppose :P ) on both of your last 60 credits AND your overall GPA. This means A+ average is basically same as A average :P

Now I don't know what kind of score you'll get if you are like 84.5% ... but I think you can get around 22 with a 82 to 83% avg???

1 1/2 more weeks !!!! :rollin

Archived