Premed 101 Forums

Outfit for the interview: Ladies ONLY

Guest Parii

Hello ladies,

if wearing black skirt suit (knee length); would you suggest:

a) black nylons

B) tan nylons

c) no nylons

Thank you for your replies and sorry, if the question sounds a little bit banal,

pari

Not anal...I'm trying to figure out what to wear too and it's not fun when you're wardrobe consists of nothing but jeans, jeans and more jeans! I vote for tan nylons.

Good luck :o )

Olie and PD84,

thank you for your replies. You didn't indicate what kind of nylons you would go for?? Black or tan?

Also, thank you everyone else. It is so great to have this board!!

pari

Hi,

Yeah, tan sheer. The kind that look like you're not wearing nylons except that they make your legs kind of shiny. And they cover up those pasty winter legs (assuming you are pasty like me) and any minor imperfections! :)

Pant suits are fine. I think most people wear pants in fact.

Guest medsmurf

Last year I wore a skirt to one interview and pants to another (both part of a suit) and I must say I felt a lot more comfortable in the pants. For the interview I wore the skirt to I ripped my nylons in the time it took for me to get from my car to inside the building and had to run into the washroom and change nylons (I had brought an extra pair). I'm going to wear the pants to all my interviews this year.

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there,

I'd go for the tan nylons for some of the same reasons above, plus, if you do manage to snag them during the interview (if a snag occurs pre-interview then change into the other pair that you have in your bag :) ) the run will be less noticeable.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Hi there,

thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions. It feels good to have my outfit now (finally!) put together. Now that the question of "what to wear" is dealt with; I can re-focus on "what to say" much better...

Btw, if you are worried about what to wear and what not to wear; deal with it and get it off your mind. It does really help to feel focused and also ready.

take care and good luck everyone,

pari

PS. I would be happy to help you (same way as you did help me!)

Archived