Premed 101 Forums

I am trying to figure out my actual GPA

Guest Tommy1978

Guest Tommy1978

I am hoping someone can help me figure out what GPA will be used for my upcoming application to UBC Medicine. From what i have read, I understand that UBC uses percentage as opposed to GPA scale like the Ontario schools. Is this true? I did my undergrad degree at UBC in engineering so that percentage thing should be ok. However, I did co-op so all my semesters are a bit jumbled because of that schedule. So are the last 60 credits simply just the last 60 credits even if there were breaks in between for work terms.

I guess what I want to know is if it is possible to determine what my actual GPA is that UBC will use prior to paying the fees and applying. As far as I can tell, my overall academic average is 79-80% with mid 80's for the last 60 credits but I if UBC grade evaluation lowers it, then I don't really want to waste everyones time by applying.

Any help is much appreciated,

T

Guest Persistent

The last 60 credits will be simply the last 60 credits regardless of work term breaks. So you should be fine. My averages are lower than yours and I got an interview so have hope!

Good Luck!

Guest Tommy1978

Doesn't it just seem ridiculous that UBC won't actually tell applicants HOW they convert marks from GPA only schools to %????? I find it amazing.

Anyways, that said, can we assume then that it just continues on down 5% per letter grade? A- = 80%, B+ = 75, B = 70, B- = 65 ?

I know in other posts, I have read that some people thought they average it, ex. A- +82.5 etc, but does anyone know for sure?

Archived