Premed 101 Forums

Interview Offer

Guest Persistent

Guest Persistent

Hey everyone,

First of all, a humble request: Can you please make a post once you get your interview. I have limited access to internet and that way I won't have to check 5 times a day. I'm sure I won't be the first to get an interview offer...

Which leads to the second question... Does the date one gets his/her interview offer reflect how high/average/low his/her pre-interview score is?? I'm guessing it does!

Good Luck to all of us! The waiting sure does suck!

I think it's a matter of changing the status which takes time. I'm not sure how streamlined that is, but updating all applications cannot be a fun job. That and they are simultaneously busy organizing the interview weekend show.

Patience grasshopperz.

Kupo

Anyone have any experience/insight into asking UBC for an interview time (if offered) outside of the weekend? I have a discovered a potential conflict and was wondering if anyone in has run up against this?

cheers

K

Guest Scarlett

Hi Kahone,

Last year I had to re-schedule my interview due to knee surgery. They can usually accommodate your needs, but the interview still has to take place on one of the scheduled days (Feb. 24-27) - they don't extend it outside of those days (at least they wouldn't last year...I had to do my interview 3 days after my surgery still drugged up on painkillers!!).

Your best bet is that if you are offered an interview date that falls on the weekend, contact them asap and request for an interview on either the friday or monday.

Good luck!! Not too much longer to wait now, I hope... :eek

Scarlett

It is the 15th of the months.. 16th tomorrow.. I say its time for offer and rejections.. lets get this over with.

I am readyyy ...

MOooommmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Guest benjibert

I just called and spoke with she who picked up the phone after I chose the "to speak with someone" option on the automated system at 10:29 am, January 16, 2006.

benjibert: Good morning. Do you have some idea as to when invitations for interview will be sent out?

Woman: We are hoping to send them out between now and the end of January.

benjibert: So, by the end of January?

Woman: Yes.

benjibert: Thank you very much.

Woman: You are welcome.

IIRC, last year I saw my invite notice almost exactly 1 month prior and I was one of the first to post that for people to check, so I would think that there's little more waiting to do yet.

best

K

on a whim after my last post I logged in to check if the status had changed. Not, but what HAD changed was there is now a link called: "Edit the graduate student progress section" which takes you to the "Yes I will be done my grad degree by... or already am done" statement. I hadn't noticed this change before today but it certainly wasn't there before Xmas (I had some Documents to sort out with UBC so my status page looked plenty different than it does now) but have any other grad student applicant seen this?

K

Guest mshammer

Hi...

I also noticed the 'Edit Grad Student portion' recently (since Xmas). I was starting to wonder if I just hadn't completed that part before!

Good luck

whoa ho ho!

I just checked again after reading this post (above)

The link is now gone as of between 7 and 9, Eastern!

Was that a slip of the system or what? I didn't even complete the form yet, as I am close to finishing. There was no mention of this in the FAQ and no deadline given so file this under "WTF?"

oh well...

K

Guest medsmurf

WOW...I wonder if that is a slip of the system meaning that you will be getting an interview. Last year only those people invited for an interview had to send in the Grad Form.

those who actually replied to that.. now have that done... thus automatically removed.

BTW.. mine also disapeared. It was there on the weekend.

Hopefuly that means I have an interview.. haaaa... more the reason to go to Vancouver.

A I said above, I didn't reply to it. It vanished on it's own. Either gremlins or Admissions thinking, "Och! Merde!" - in any event, in my case at least, it was not replied to.

K

Guest hpylori

Must have been a particularly vicious premed that hacked into the system!! :rollin

ok, maybe that isn't quite as funny cux it's actually possible...:P

Guest kaymcee

...or maybe it was just a slip-up that may or may not mean anything.

Today, I saw this girl with a UBC sweater on and she smiled at me. Now, not that I don't usually get smiles from attractive girls on the street, but this one was different. I don't want to second guess anything, or read into it too much, but I think I got an interview for UBC medicine.

Guest GundamDX

lol kaymcee, I agree. It might not mean anything. I didn't see such a change on my page but I won't feel discouraged until the official invitations/rejections are out :)

Guest GundamDX

WHOA wait a minute... u guys said "grad form" oops I should have read that more carefully. So undergrads probably won't even get that link on their page regardless ! LOL...

Kaymcee,

Interesting koinkidink... a girl with UBC sweater and the grad link disapeared. if X stands and Y is a variable with Z being constant.. you may actually have something there. Just plug it in to the forumula and you see you have a positive number.

The other unknown.. you said she was good looking. Hmmm did you talk to with her... till you ask her from a coffee... or just jump in the rain with you??? So if you did not you should of. She could of been the love of your life and you just let her go by. Okay next time give her my name!

hehehe.

docbil

Archived